X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exploding water heaters

Did anyone catch the new Mythbusters tonight? It was pretty cool to see the high speed shots of exploding water heaters in HD.

Re: Exploding water heaters

I didn't see it. Did they mention anything about actual explosions, or just make one explode?

I've been too close to water heaters that were ready to do the deed. I know I would never depend entirely on an electrical solution. I've seen them pumping steam and the power kept going and going and going . . .

Comment

I actually caught it on the way back for New York on the planes television. It was a great show.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Theres some unaired footage here. Click on the yellow bar towards the bottom of the page.

http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/my...thbusters.html

Comment

I had its saved on cables digital recorder..hit rewind wa dozen times...WOW!!!! of course thats with every safety removed....but still inproper instalation can be a hazard.

Comment

lol if steam can move a locomotive why can't it send a waterheater in to the heavens lol.... of course you all know that now i have to try this right, it is like the 4th of july all over again. ... mah hahahaha
            9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

what yellow bar?
              there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

It blow'd up real good!

This is making waves across numerous plumbing forums.

I'm really surprised these things don't blow up more often.
                Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Radical footage......
                  Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Herk View Post
                    I didn't see it. Did they mention anything about actual explosions, or just make one explode?
                    They made a few explode and at the end made mention of a couple of confirmed reports of actual explosions, one which shot through several floors and kept going and another one which damaged a house so bad it had to be condemmed. The last one they blew with the small house built around it was impressive to say the least. Blew it to shreds. I'll bet a lot of people who watched will make sure to hire qualified people to install their heaters after seeing that

Comment

Working...
                    X