Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Too Much Flux

Originally posted by plumbdog10 View Post
    I don't bow to HVAC, but I coordinate, which is my job. The current job I am running has very tight ceilings, spread over seven floors of buildings. The HVAC foreman has run behind since day one. He usually hits the site two hours late, doesn't show up for meetings, etc. He gets screwed because I have registered complaints with the GC in writting. If there is a conflict, he loses at this point.
    Dog,when I say bow I am refering to the job walk in the begining of the prodject,usaually gets the prime cut.He either installs at his desired elevation ahead of us or gives us his elevations if he can't get his job done on schedule.I then let him know to keep his duct as high as possible.Don't missinterpret what I am saying,I don't fold to a fool or any other slacker,I'm too busy doing the superintendant or architects job(only around 10% hit on the mark these days).

I don't have 1 extra minute for a non-professional foreman anymore

It's actually working out pretty well being an a$$****

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
      Dog,when I say bow I am refering to the job walk in the begining of the prodject,usaually gets the prime cut.He either installs at his desired elevation ahead of us or gives us his elevations if he can't get his job done on schedule.I then let him know to keep his duct as high as possible.Don't missinterpret what I am saying,I don't fold to a fool or any other slacker,I'm too busy doing the superintendant or architects job(only around 10% hit on the mark these days).

I agree 100% with you buddy, It's best to coordinate, but you sometimes need to be an ******* when necessary. Just don't let anyone push you around. But as your post notes, you understand that.
      Last edited by plumbdog10; 11-15-2007, 11:16 PM.
      the dog

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post

Sorry guys I was only refering to high rise,seems that I had another long term memory lapse again.The high as possible variable requested by me on a grocery store or other 20' plus lid would get nothing but laughs.

Comment

you go on vacation for a week and come back to people with green broken hair

mark, i see the same scenario as what happened when the sprinkler guys started to use copper for their systems. all their dead ended drops were never flushed out of the heads and eventually ended up rotting out the orifice plate of the heads. thus causing failure. of course this was pre water soluble flux days. i was told that is the reason why we had a code change to water soluble flux

now using this example as a comparison, i can assume with the fact that all the units only have stubs and no angle stops to flush out the dead ended air chambers. the flux has had a couple of years to eat away at the copper.

i would hope that by flushing all of the stubs you can rinse away all the water soluble flux.

this also reminds me of your water heater hydrogen gas build up on long sitting non used water heaters.

by the way, your suggestion of back flushing with hot water is a good idea that will in theory work, but i hope water soluble flux will flush out in cold water too.

i've always found that the water flux turns soapy when flushed.

of course the tub is the location where all the results are found due to the size and volume of the water and flow.

amazing you and adam are in my neck of the woods working

lets do lunch. adam's never been to the apple pan

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Update:

After following my flushing protocol (for the most part) in the worst 3-units the water appears to finally be flux free after 4-weeks of flushing. Next week the chemist will return to take water samples.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
              Update:

After following my flushing protocol (for the most part) in the worst 3-units the water appears to finally be flux free after 4-weeks of flushing. Next week the chemist will return to take water samples.

Mark
              so now you tell me.
              i've been waiting for the phone to ring for a month now

glad they got it clean.
              i was expecting a bunch of rich people with green hair. to start calling me.

rick.

we can still do apple pan next time you're here
              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                so now you tell me.
                i've been waiting for the phone to ring for a month now

glad they got it clean.
                i was expecting a bunch of rich people with green hair. to start calling me.

rick.

we can still do apple pan next time you're here
                Don't worry you will still be doing some work for me there. I need to remove some pipe samples and I want you to use your ProPress. I also need you to do the fireplaces still but it is really more a matter of priority projects for the building.

Mark
                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                  Don't worry you will still be doing some work for me there. I need to remove some pipe samples and I want you to use your ProPress. I also need you to do the fireplaces still but it is really more a matter of priority projects for the building.

Mark
                  Looks like Mrs.Seatdown is going to be working weekends with her favorite threading machine.

Comment

Is it just me, or does it seem like most of the construction foremen have become bean counters instead of construction professionals. The last condo job we did, the foreman showed up every day in a suit and tie, geeze what a moron he is.
                    sigpic

Comment

SUIT & TIE?!?!?

I've seen 'em in Polo shirt's & dockers, but thats rediculous.

Comment

Citric acid is the best way to flush excess flush. Get ahold of the Copper Development Association at CDA.org. They can help you out.

Comment

Working...
                        X