Clear All

Re: Water heater choices

I usually pick up:
    • Bradford White
    • Rheem/Ruud/Richmond
    Customers pick up:
    • G.E. (Home Depot)
    • Kenmore
    State is no longer available here in Hawaii.

Tracy
    sigpic.................I Love My Toto Bidet :twofinger2: :twofinger:

Comment

I am a huge fan of Bradford White and Rinnai tankless water heaters.

Everyone has their problems, but Bradford White have been far and few between.

Rinnai is the leader in tankless, and for the cost, it is an excellent reliable choice in tankless.

As far as maytag and G.E., I pull them out all the time, some after only 6 months, professional grade water heaters only,

The big box stores can keep their junk, it isn't worth my time to install, and if the customer supplies one, I explain to them that when they have a problem, all the money they saved buying one from a big box, they just lost, because I will charge them to rip ir out, take it back, get the pro rated new one, and charge them to re-install.

Not only that I think it is Maytag that has the backwards threaded themo couple. If it's not maytag, it's one of the major big box brands that does.
      sigpic

Robert

Comment

Hey westcoasters;

have you guys started with the new
        ultra low nox waterheaters mandated
        by SCAQMD. rule 1121???
        JERRYMAC
        E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
        CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
        FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
        SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
          Right, I looked into them, 8.4 gpm which appears to run at around just over $2K, 13.2 gpm for $4K.
          Looks like the parent company is Toyota, if they're anything like the cars, they cost alot and run forever.
          I'm hard pressed to sell homeowners on the value of Rheem's 7.4 gpm at half the cost of the Noritz 8.3.
          Just like cell phone providers years ago, maybe one day these mfg's will figure out that a more realistic price will bring them to the mainstream.

I did not say a Noritz was cheap or priced like a Rinnai, but they are our tankless of choice.

Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by JERRYMAC View Post
            Hey westcoasters;

by SCAQMD. rule 1121???
            Not yet,just a little while longer.

Comment

Originally posted by biscuit View Post
              I did not say a Noritz was cheap or priced like a Rinnai, but they are our tankless of choice.

Regards,
              It would be my choice too if my customers could afford them.
              If I recall, you're commercial anyway, different ballgame altogether when it comes to pricing.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                Not yet,just a little while longer.

December 31st is the last day we can install the current water heaters.

The only way this can change is if the supply house runs out of the old style, then it will be before this date. The supply houses are not allowed to order anymore of the old style, I believe this went into affect Aug 1st.
                sigpic

Robert

Comment

i've yet to see any new stock heaters. the old stock is next to nothing. supply house tells me their still waiting for the new ones to be delivered.

i guess if a person needs a heater, they better get one soon. there could be a lull in getting a scaqmd approved heater. not to mention the estimated $150. increase in price.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by JERRYMAC View Post
                    Hey westcoasters;

by SCAQMD. rule 1121???
                    Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
                    December 31st is the last day we can install the current water heaters.

The only way this can change is if the supply house runs out of the old style, then it will be before this date. The supply houses are not allowed to order anymore of the old style, I believe this went into affect Aug 1st.
                    Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                    i've yet to see any new stock heaters. the old stock is next to nothing. supply house tells me their still waiting for the new ones to be delivered.

i guess if a person needs a heater, they better get one soon. there could be a lull in getting a scaqmd approved heater. not to mention the estimated $150. increase in price.

rick.
                    Are these just regular tank type gas water heaters (LP / Nat.)?

Tracy
                    sigpic.................I Love My Toto Bidet :twofinger2: :twofinger:

Comment

Originally posted by yasudaplumbing View Post
                      Are these just regular tank type gas water heaters (LP / Nat.)?

Tracy
                      50 gallons and less under 75,000 btu's. first year.

basically yes. the difference is a stainless steel burner assy that burns ultra clean and is low nox. i believe the design is more of a radiant heat burner.

still waiting for it's arrival.

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

update. spoke to my buddy steve and he had a bradford rep at the shop the other day. also he installed 2 new style 30 gallon heaters too. the price was only $20.00 more.

what happened to the $120-150. increase

got to go and get ready for turkey

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                        X