Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Are we a victim of our own success?

Poor PC, picking him Mark, ya meany.

That was too funny, I finished reading and found myself still partially wondering where to go get a sneak peak at a model.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
      I think stuff just happens and we get busy with other stuff. Rick is on vacation, Robert's work has picked up, Duck got married, Ben is looking for a new job......
      Mark
      I meant to comment on that, the marriage wasn't what preoccupied me, it was work.
      I think it was PC who commented one day about how late it was one night when I'd posted...thats how it goes for me, it's either completely busy, or completely slow (and I'll guess for most solo self employed plumbers it's the same).
      One month I'm sitting around worrying about where the works gonna come from, the next I'm doing Sundays to keep up.

This simple fact is one major reason I stand behind Roberts comments on price hacks, you absolutely MUST price jobs right.
      Making the assumption that you're just happy to make more than you made per hour working a 40 hour week will have you back to punching in for 40 hours again, working for your competitor.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
        I meant to comment on that, the marriage wasn't what preoccupied me, it was work.
        I think it was PC who commented one day about how late it was one night when I'd posted...thats how it goes for me, it's either completely busy, or completely slow (and I'll guess for most solo self employed plumbers it's the same).
        One month I'm sitting around worrying about where the works gonna come from, the next I'm doing Sundays to keep up.

This simple fact is one major reason I stand behind Roberts comments on price hacks, you absolutely MUST price jobs right.
        Making the assumption that you're just happy to make more than you made per hour working a 40 hour week will have you back to punching in for 40 hours again, working for your competitor.
        Well said Ducks!!

Zeljka
        sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by plumbdog10 View Post
          I used to start a lot of new threads. But, after a period of time I noticed that my technical threads got one or two responses, because someone would start a "how do you install a toilet" thread, and everyone seemed more interested, including you.

I will start new threads if someone is interested in responding.
          Including you who?

Dog,it's hard for me to keep up with your depth on a few issues not pertaining to plumbing mechanics.

I try to participate in discussions where I feel capable of input on the more serious line items.

Sorry if you felt I left you hangin'.

I voiced the something to the same effect to another member a few days ago.Basically the forum has a tendency to lean towards the service aspect of plumbing because so many visitors generate dialogue by asking questions pertaining to their home situations.Not a whole lot for construcion only participants.It was funny how quickly the person I was talking responded,it was obvious,I needed to bring more to the table(pictures,threads,discussion etc.).Thanks for the advice

The forum is an entity in itself constantly metamorphasizing itself.

Am I wrong or were there more construction plumbers here before.Maybe it was just the one that got harassed over the mole incident and decided this place did not work with his life plan.Too bad good man PLUMBER.

I'm just dreading sump pump season.Think I'll take a few night classes to pass the time

It's all good,still the best forum for me.Might be a fun winter here anyway

Comment

Originally posted by mrs. westcoast View Post
            Lol,

That is funny....

And especially with video contest ridgid is doing i cannot wait to win $2500 in shopping spree...

And Greg-chunks said he will even split his spree with us if he wins...

There isn't any better friendship that that

Umm may i see that in writing please
            The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

LOL @ Mark's post

Mrs. PC won't get it but I did.

I will start a few threads next week when I can figure out how to get pics off my phone and into the computer.

I have seen a few bizarro things this heating season so I took a few pics for laughs.

Comment

I think everything is great here, I do understand where Ben is coming from, sometimes it seems like weeks we go without plumbers talk, but for the most part, we talk plumbing and the business of plumbing.

I think everything is great and no matter what, we always make a full circle around.

We have a well rounded, all ages group of tradesman here, I am excited for the future.
                sigpic

Robert

Comment

And this coming from a young vibrant service plumber.

I rest my case

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                    I will start a few threads next week when I can figure out how to get pics off my phone and into the computer.
                    One of two ways, if your phone is bluetooth compatable you can send directly to your pc (ask the mfg).
                    Or you'll have to Email them from your phone.

Comment

Been thinking about everyones responses and I can see where everyone is coming from. I sit in an office all day hating my job and then after work is when I go and do plumbing and HVAC. I'm not doing this on the scale like the rest of you guys so I'm not as "burned out" for lack of a better term, as everyone else is. I come here to get my "plumbing fix" so to speak.

Still wished we talked more about plumbing like we used to. Adam is right about service work getting more time here. Why don't the mechanics get more involved and show us their projects. Pictures like Biscuit showed us were very interesting, could always use more.
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                        Why don't the mechanics get more involved and show us their projects. Pictures like Biscuit showed us were very interesting, could always use more.

Sorry Ben most of my work these days is in Las Vegas and you know what they say. What happens in Vegas Stays in Vegas.

All kidding aside I cannot really share photos of active cases but I will see if I have anything interesting on old cases which is worth posting.

Mark
                        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post

All kidding aside I cannot really share photos of active cases but I will see if I have anything interesting on old cases which is worth posting.

Mark

lol it almost sounds like you are a lawyer refering to a trail
                          9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                            One of two ways, if your phone is bluetooth compatable you can send directly to your pc (ask the mfg).
                            Or you'll have to Email them from your phone.
                            Bluetooth?... that's a buzzword I've been hearing alot about lately but have no idea what it is or does. I'm pretty sure it's not inside my phone

Maybe I can just take a closeup pic of my phone with my digital camera?

I'll do anything not to talk to Verizon technical support

Comment

I always carry a digital camera with me. Maybe later today I will have the wife post the topside pictures of a remodel rough I did last week.

I was to lazy to crawl back under the house and take pictures of the new drainwork needed to complete the install, but you will get the point

It's hard, after a few days on the job, to take pictures after everything is cleaned up, you just wanna leave!!
                              sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                                I would love to see some new topics from you. Keep in mind that sometimes you shoot over my head and I won't respond to the thread but I do watch it. I have a feeling a lot of people are the same way. I looked back and your threads did get some pretty good responses. I'm happy if my thread gets 5 replies.

Woodensticker, you are so wrong in so many ways for that suggestion.
                                Thank you for the compliment. I will try to add technical threads again, but guys like you have to respond as well. Don't be afraid, ask questions or disagree.

As for the idiot who is asking for "Flat-Rate vs T&M", no no no no no no. Use the search feature. This issue has been don to death.
                                the dog

Comment

Working...
                                X