Are we a victim of our own success?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we a victim of our own success?

The forum has grown and matured with them help of some great and knowledgeable plumbers. I've learned alot here as I'm sure others have. I noticed we, as a collective whole, have posted less about plumbing but more about extra curricular subjects. Is it because we have become so knowledgable that plumbing talk has become redundant? Have we explored every avenue? I know we're out there in the field everday. Why not post about some of your jobs, thoughts on a particular plumbing tool, tips on whatever, etc. I know the forum goes in cycles but if we continue this path, we will stray from what brought us all here in the first place.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Are we a victim of our own success?

gear the biggest thing is we have all become really good friends, and what do friend do,...... they kid and cut up with one another, there have been many posts on here about work but here near the holidays we tend to calm down alittle and have some fun.
    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Oh don't worry Ben,the wet season is almost upon us,then the spring thaw.

SUMP PUMPS GALORE!!!!!!
      They should have their own forum

I'll bet you Robert Zeljka passes Rick this winter at number of posts.

Hey that would be a great stage name!!!!!!
      Last edited by drtyhands; 11-16-2007, 08:27 PM.

Comment

We almost had it going when there was some talk a day or two ago about HVAC vs. plumbing elevation priority.Duck and Dog hit it once or twice.

We could do another fifty posts on a san-tee...................................(kidding)

It may be the guys who have burned out on the work thing.There is always the archives.

Comment

"All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy."
          Ben, quite frankly I think this place has gotten much better since I first arrived, personally the new additions of Herk & Dunbar have thrown out a few posts that I completely related to.
          Tonight my new wife made a comment that caught me like a deer in the headlights.
          I was going on about a customer, she interrupted me and said "is all you talk about work?".
          I said no, then after a few minutes pause I started talking about another job I'm starting next week...caught myself mid-sentence and said "My god, you're right."
          When I worked for someone else it was different, I left work and went home.
          Now I come home from work, to work.
          On the other hand, being around people who understand and relate is almost like therapy...sometimes when you think you're going insane over customers who chisle away at you, or hacks who undercut the trade by lowballing to do illegal work, it's completely refreshing to hear and know it's not just me.

Comment

I used to start a lot of new threads. But, after a period of time I noticed that my technical threads got one or two responses, because someone would start a "how do you install a toilet" thread, and everyone seemed more interested, including you.

I will start new threads if someone is interested in responding.
            the dog

Comment

I think stuff just happens and we get busy with other stuff. Rick is on vacation, Robert's work has picked up, Duck got married, Ben is looking for a new job and I've been out of town. Once all of the planets are back in alignment things will take off again.

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Well if someone is interested i can post a great turkey receipe

Comment

I`ve been working from 6:00am to 11:00pm most nights and haven't had much time for the boards. I`m sure I`ll be starting a few topics as soon as I get some time to play on the boards.
                  I will be BACK

and mrs. westcoast you just stay pretty,
                  you give the forum some class
                  Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 11-16-2007, 11:52 PM.
                  http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by mrs. westcoast View Post
                    Well if someone is interested i can post a great turkey receipe
                    Robert cooks,Wow,great catch Z

Comment

Personally I really wish somebody would discuss flat-rate vs T&M. You know, which is better and why, which is worse and why. Whether the party who charges T&M is more likely to be Oedipal in their dealings with customer than the flat-raters or less. And why.
                      A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

Originally posted by plumbdog10 View Post
                        I used to start a lot of new threads. But, after a period of time I noticed that my technical threads got one or two responses, because someone would start a "how do you install a toilet" thread, and everyone seemed more interested, including you.

I will start new threads if someone is interested in responding.
                        I would love to see some new topics from you. Keep in mind that sometimes you shoot over my head and I won't respond to the thread but I do watch it. I have a feeling a lot of people are the same way. I looked back and your threads did get some pretty good responses. I'm happy if my thread gets 5 replies.

Woodensticker, you are so wrong in so many ways for that suggestion.
                        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                          I would love to see some new topics from you. Keep in mind that sometimes you shoot over my head and I won't respond to the thread but I do watch it. I have a feeling a lot of people are the same way. I looked back and your threads did get some pretty good responses. I'm happy if my thread gets 5 replies.

Woodensticker, you are so wrong in so many ways for that suggestion.
                          I think Wood's funny.Everyone loves drama.

Comment

While I disagree the forum is dying down often the forum comes alive when Ridgid releases a new product. I have debated releasing this information but as many of you are aware Ridgid is becoming one of the industrial leaders in robotics. The rumors I have heard is Ridgid will soon be releasing their new line of “Plumbers Helper”.

In this new world of political correctness, Ridgid’s first offering will include a Mr. & Mrs. PlumbersCrack model. The Mr. PlumbersCrack model is said to have a MSRP of $18,000 while the Mrs. PlumbersCrack model will sell at a little over $20,000. From what I understand although the Mr. PlumbersCrack model has slightly more torque the Mrs. PlumbersCrack model is much more sensible and better at strategical thinking. There will also be a Limited Edition Rick model for $16,000 which is not quite as useful as it refuses to work under houses.

Mark
                            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                              While I disagree the forum is dying down often the forum comes alive when Ridgid releases a new product. I have debated releasing this information but as many of you are aware Ridgid is becoming one of the industrial leaders in robotics. The rumors I have heard is Ridgid will soon be releasing their new line of “Plumbers Helper”.

In this new world of political correctness, Ridgid’s first offering will include a Mr. & Mrs. PlumbersCrack model. The Mr. PlumbersCrack model is said to have a MSRP of $18,000 while the Mrs. PlumbersCrack model will sell at a little over $20,000. From what I understand although the Mr. PlumbersCrack model has slightly more torque the Mrs. PlumbersCrack model is much more sensible and better at strategical thinking. There will also be a Limited Edition Rick model for $16,000 which is not quite as useful as it refuses to work under houses.

Mark

Lol,

That is funny....

And especially with video contest ridgid is doing i cannot wait to win $2500 in shopping spree...

And Greg-chunks said he will even split his spree with us if he wins...

There isn't any better friendship that that

Comment

Working...
                              X