X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: General Plumbing Estimates?

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
    Zeljka,
    In your "American Slang" quick Croatian reference pocket book page 234 paragraph#3 line 17

"Hit him up" is Ghetto for ......inquire

Oh wait a minute,I get it.No habla engles
    Sorry,I can't translate into Croatian

I don't have American slang refe.book and never did. I would tell you that i don't understand what you are saying but hold on...i never understand you Adam

Comment

Red River,

I’m actually looking at requiring grey-water systems in a subdivision I am currently working on in Utah. The problem I am having is it appears Utah requires such a large grey-water storage it is questionable as to whether the water will be used before it is so brackish it is no longer usable.

As for your pricing I believe you are looking at your estimate the wrong way. What you need to do is look at what the additional cost would be to split the system to allow for collecting grey-water. If I told you it would cost $6,000 to plumb a 1,400 single story house you still would need to know what the grey-water piping would cost. In addition to the assumed $6,000 you need to figure the cost of running waste lines only to your collection point.

If you were to figure the cost of waste only at $300 per fixture and you had 6 fixtures to feed your grey-water system you would add $1,800 to the cost of plumbing the home. Of course from there you will have to estimate the cost of the collection, storage and distribution system.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by mrs. westcoast View Post
        I don't have American slang refe.book and never did. I would tell you that i don't understand what you are saying but hold on...i never understand you Adam
        HA,your in good company.Nobody does.Including me

Comment

Originally posted by Red River Plumber Noob View Post
          All I would want to know is how much the plumbing would cost, we would be doing the work, we're licensed, and Insured
          Am I missing something here? If you are licensed and insured to do plumbing shouldn't you know what it costs to plumb a house?
          You will never expand your mind, if you do not challenge your beliefs.

By the reading of this post, you acknowledge and agree that the poster shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any content contained herein.

Comment

Originally posted by Hondahead View Post
            Am I missing something here? If you are licensed and insured to do plumbing shouldn't you know what it costs to plumb a house?
            As a trade he has listed himself as a student.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by Hondahead View Post

Good Point hondahead. I got on my wife because she asked the question, but once again, I appear to be wrong she is a bright one.

Maybe this is a school project, or someone pricing his parents quote.

I appreciate the call for peoples credentials, it frees up the rift raft.
              sigpic

Robert

Comment

This is a guy building a house on his own who wants to budget the plumbing. H should post on the forum below.
                the dog

Comment

Originally posted by plumbdog10 View Post
                  This is a guy building a house on his own who wants to budget the plumbing. H should post on the forum below.
                  If thats true, He is already in trouble.

Comment

Just a friendly reminder here... I said this is "theoretical" and a "scenario" so you have to assume certain things and just go with the information rather than question credentials.

I am a Canadian college student doing an entrepreneur project. In this project that has a lot of real potential to become a business, I have to attain information in regards to the idea that I think will be something worth investing a year of my life into. I am not a plumber and my background knowledge comes from people like you and other places I conduct my research from. So I apologize for my lack of knowledge but thought that the username I had selected would be self explanatory or shed some light into my level of knowledge in which I am NOT an expert in the field of plumbing.

My focus is on greywater recycling and how I think it needs to become mandatory in the future for all new houses. I need to know certain figures and other such information for me to conduct a proper study on the topic without becoming a plumber.

greywater recycling is really picking up but has regulatory restrictions currently that are slowing it down. There is currently a couple of houses being build right now with a greywater unit that will be analyzed by my local government and then a choice will be made in which they will either approve of it and push to have it everywhere or else say that it is a hazardous to the living conditions of the residents and must not be supported and backed with government incentives.

I believe that there is major potential for this idea to become a big investment of many angels. To conserve water, to potentially build my own business, to save money, to make money, and to help all of mankind in the next step in global thinking.

I don't know about the quality of water in your part of the world but I like mine and I want it to be around for my children to enjoy as well.

So you really have to ask yourself, do you like the satisfaction of knowing you are using less water and saving money on your monthly water bill?

If you don't believe me then all it's going to take is five to ten minutes of your life to do a little research into water consumption to know that in our lifetime it is going to be a major issue we can do something about, our children won't get that option if things remain status quo.

So once again,,, thanks to all for all the information you are and have provided me with and anything else that you may know of in regards to greywater recycling, I would really like to hear what you have to say and what YOU know, because I obviously don't.

Comment

Red
                      From my experience with greywater systems the start up / installation costs are a considerable disincentive.

whole house setups will cost at least $10 000 installed. more so if its a retro fit job.

to put this in perspective our water utility charges $1.20/ kilo litre.(1000 litres). you need to save a lot of water to make up that ammount. Add to this the fact that people are moving house more often these days, and if you dont stay in the house there is less time to recoup your investment.

People installing these systems seem to base their decision on the feel good / enviromental responsibility factor.

The last house i built could operate completely independently of the utilities grid,With the option of running on mains power / water / gas if i chose. This was a considerable investment in plant and equipment and now that its sold its obvious that this technology did not add anything to the marketability or sale price of the house.

check out
                      http://www.sustainablehouse.com.au/
                      this house has similar systems to what i used.

Dont let my opinions put you off your ideas. All the technology is completely functional for a family house. Once the cost of the systems is reduced their appeal will increase.

Comment

Working...
                      X