X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Plumbing Estimates?

I'm finding it very difficult to find rough estimates without a blue print of a house. My question is, how much does all of the plumbings instalation cost in a new home of 1300 square feet and a 2400 square feet two storey home cost? All I would want to know is how much the plumbing would cost, not the cost of the fixtures.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am very tired of leaving messages that never get returned!!!
    Last edited by Red River Plumber Noob; 11-19-2007, 04:39 PM.

Re: General Plumbing Estimates?

Originally posted by Red River Plumber Noob View Post
    I'm finding it very difficult to find rough estimates without a blue print of a house. My question is, how much does all of the plumbings instalation cost in a new home of 1300 square feet and a 2400 square feet two storey home cost? All I would want to know is how much the plumbing would cost, not the cost of the fixtures.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am very tired of leaving messages that never get returned!!!

Are you the one doing the work?

Are you licensed? Insured?

Or you are hiring someone to do the work?

Comment

It's mostly theoretical here. I am conductiong a feasability study right now and I am trying to see how much it would cost to incorporate a greywater recycling system(http://www.bracsystems.com/about-us.html) in a new home. So under this scenario, we would be doing the work, were licensed, and Insured. I just want some general numbers to work with so that I can see how many extra costs would be applied on top of the plumbing.

Comment

Pretty vague on what you want with no plans on the two totally different products.

Out here I could go as low as 750 per fixture requiring waste,then add water heater,gas system,water service from street to house,sewer from street to house,ice maker line from kitchen sink cabinet to ice maker location,condensate lines(HVAC does not install out here,they want us to be included on the liability if something goes wrong with the system)this is for the single story.

Do you want cast Iron to drain waste in the walls between the first and second floors of your two story to silence the noise plastic will make?If so do want the pipes in the walls(risers) only.Or do you want cast all the way to the fixture with plastic vents for absolute waste system silence.You can expect an extra based on the design of the waste system.I need to know how many risers I'm putting in.

On the two story you can get pretty close to a southern California rate at 1300 per fixture.Maybe a little more,maybe a little less.I haven't updated my residential rates.

Commercial fixtures are around $2000.00 per fixture plus extras.I'm sure your rates in your area are a little lower.

Hope this helps to get the thread going there are some guys here on the forum closer to you that can get closer to your regional rate.

Comment

They made an attempt in the early 90s to get graywater reclamation systems going down here in So.Calif.,never took a good foothold.It was too easy for people to get water.You watch what happens now that everyones starting to become concerned with the current state of global affairs.

Comment

Very much so. I am trying to better understand if there is a market for greywater recycling units right now and trying to conduct a market analysis on how feasible and profitable it may potentially be. Any bit of information is greatly appreciated.

Comment

It's mostly theoretical here. I am conductiong a feasability study right now and I am trying to see how much it would cost to incorporate a greywater recycling system(http://www.bracsystems.com/about-us.html) in a new home. So under this scenario, we would be doing the work, were licensed, and Insured. I just want some general numbers to work with so that I can see how many extra costs would be applied on top of the plumbing.
              So will you be installing the entire waste system in the home and then integrating your reclamation system into it,so your responsible for the full waste system.Our adding your system onto the homes existing system.Down here if anyone even touches our pipe we get out of or warranty on that contract,TOO much liability.

Comment

Very much so. I am trying to better understand if there is a market for greywater recycling units right now and trying to conduct a market analysis on how feasible and profitable it may potentially be. Any bit of information is greatly appreciated.
                I think your making a good decision to see if you can get something on the ground floor.Who knows what's going to happen in the next five to ten years.

What are you finding out from the others who have tried it in the years gone past.

How do the powers that be want you to protect the enduser from getting lawn suds or contaminated.Or have you not gotten there yet.I'm currious

You don't have to answer if your uncomfortable.

Welcome to the forum.Interesting subject should be fun.

Comment

Red River????

We got one down here,Red River Gorge,Dunbar's gonna show me some of his favorite rock climbing routes.Can't keep'm to yourself forever Dunbar

Comment

One system is currently being used right now as a test and after that the gov't regulations will either be for it or against it. The regulations where I live right now are pretty flexible for residential homes, not so much for commercial facilities though. I am just trying to get as much ground work and information together to better understand if there is a market.

It seems these days that there is a natural progression towards being green and conservation. This seems to be something that would fit into the trend and maybe someday become the norm.

Not that sure about previous organizations successes or failures though. Be interesting to hear about that as well.

The system itself does seem to have a lot of potential. I just want to accumulate as much data as I can to better understand the potential market.

Comment

Got some great wisdom here on this forum.Wish you were here this weakend when everyone had time off.Give the guys some time to respond after they get in from the fields tonight.

No matter what,I wish you luck on your venture.

Adam

Comment

Red,
                        The qoutes are for fixtures requiring waste lines.Any fixture that requires waste obviously needs water.So the potable water system is in those prices.It wasn't until now that I realized that you may or may not need this information.I do not have a price to either retro-fit an existing system or run a split grey-soil waste system on a new structure,condos,apts.single family homes.If this thing kicks off I can see building owners looking into it when their tenants are on the buildings community water bill.

Most reclaim systems out here were just a tank and pump to squirt some soapy water on your roses

How often do you have to change the detergent filters on your units

(watch To UtahNowNow hit me up on this one RED).............................................. .........

Comment

Hey red river,

I;m out here in Alberta, so our prices should be fairly close to yours, I'd say possibly 10 -15% higher in labour. The rough -in for a 2 bathroom 1200-1500 sq ft home is around $6000 if you leave out bathtubs (They are usually included in rough-in pricing) and around 7500-8500 for a 2500 sq.ft home. This is all plastic of course but that is the norm for residential construction canadawide. If you have any questions email me at westtrailplumbing@gmail.com
                          West Trail Mechanical Ltd
                          Service. Commitment. Expertise.

www.westtrailmechanical.ca

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                            Red,
                            The qoutes are for fixtures requiring waste lines.Any fixture that requires waste obviously needs water.So the potable water system is in those prices.It wasn't until now that I realized that you may or may not need this information.I do not have a price to either retro-fit an existing system or run a split grey-soil waste system on a new structure,condos,apts.single family homes.If this thing kicks off I can see building owners looking into it when their tenants are on the buildings community water bill.

Most reclaim systems out here were just a tank and pump to squirt some soapy water on your roses

How often do you have to change the detergent filters on your units

(watch To UtahNowNow hit me up on this one RED).............................................. .........
                            MARK read the fine print Adam begs you to hit him

Comment

Originally posted by mrs. westcoast View Post
                              MARK read the fine print Adam begs you to hit him
                              Zeljka,
                              In your "American Slang" quick Croatian reference pocket book page 234 paragraph#3 line 17

"Hit him up" is Ghetto for ......inquire

Oh wait a minute,I get it.No habla engles
                              Sorry,I can't translate into Croatian

Comment

Working...
                              X