American Standard Flush Valve

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Standard Flush Valve

Does anyone know if a standard Fluidmaster 507 flush valve will work in the American Standard two piece toilet??

Just got a call from a friend and I dont use American Standard fixtures unless its a owner requirement.

Regards,

Re: American Standard Flush Valve

ae we talking the older tilt valve found on the american standard toilets from years past?

yes. but you need to separate the tank and bowl. why not just put a new a/s flush actuator in from the tank?

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I dont believe its the tilt, but I could be wrong. He said that the fill tube was cracked/broken and I just wanted to know if it would work or not, sounds like he has to separate tank from bown anyway.

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        ae we talking the older tilt valve found on the american standard toilets from years past?

yes. but you need to separate the tank and bowl. why not just put a new a/s flush actuator in from the tank?

rick.
        Make that x2.

I've come across homeowners who have broken off the tabs on the FV that hold the AS actuator. Korkys seem to work in a pinch for these situations where they don't want to remove the tank.

Tracy
        Last edited by yasudaplumbing; 11-21-2007, 05:21 PM.

Comment

I dont understand the line, where the homeowners dont want to seperate the tank from the bowl to replace flushvalve.the proper repair is replacement, anything less is a band-aid approach. I dont see as there is an option.somebody please explain this to me.

Comment

Working...
          X