Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second Story Bathroom Addition

Hello!

I am considering adding a bathroom on the second floor of my house. It Currently only has one bathroom on the main floor. My house was built in 1944 and apperently back then people either lived alone, or wore diapers. I'm tired of doing the potty dance and would like another bathroom.

We have space upstairs that we would like to utilize for our new bathroom. I would like to ask the age-old question "how much!?" So....How much do you think it would cost to plumb our addition? We would be adding, toilet, sink, and corner shower. One of our issues will be drainage as the sewer line is on the opposite side of the house in the basement.

Here's a quick sketch I made up;

Sorry these dumb things are sideways, just roll your monitor on it's side.....

Anywho, If you need more info (which is always the case eh?) Let me know.

Thanks!!!!

Re: Second Story Bathroom Addition

[quote=elemenopee;106308] I would like to ask the age-old question "how much!?" So....How much do you think it would cost to plumb our addition? /quote]

Are you paying by cash or credit card?
    Who is suppling fixtures?..me or you?
    Prefab shower base or tile?
    Piping from cieling below or floor above?
    How much stuff is piled up in the basement around where I have to work?

$4,500 for and easy (your fixtures)
    $5,500 for moderately hard
    $8,000 if I'm busy

Price is for plumbing only

Comment

......x 2......

Comment

This would be a complete injustice ,for Us to price anothers' project.
        Ist we have too little info. Second ,If We give You any idea of price ,You'll use it as a guide to set another's job. Won't do this!
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
          This would be a complete injustice ,for Us to price anothers' project.
          Ist we have too little info. Second ,If We give You any idea of price ,You'll use it as a guide to set another's job. Won't do this!
          I agree to what tool had to say.

Each area in the US can charge differently, due to cost of living. Now if I said your job would cost $1200.00 and someone at your area tells you $6000.00, your going to think he is just trying to rip you off. Then you'll start shopping for the cheapest person and which in turn would probably be a non license plumber/contractor. And they just may end up costing you more $$$$ to have somebody else come back and fix a mess....
          Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

We can not answer how much it will cost over the internet. The thing to remember with a remodel is that it will always cost more then you plan to spend. You will run into surprises that will cost money to fix. Plan for the worst case scenario, and have fun.

Comment

Working...
            X