shower in an attic bathroom

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shower in an attic bathroom

has anyone ever installed a shower in an attic bathroom with a sloped ceiling? my wife want a shower enclosure that she saw at lowes but i am having a hard time figuring out how to do this. thanks for the help

bob herald

Re: shower in an attic bathroom

That's a pretty general question.Sounds like there are some of structual issues.What is it that you are having a hard time with.The waste and water should not be a problem unless your floor joists are too small to drill if they are spanned in the wrong direction to get a two inch waste to the drain location.Are you able to put up some pictures.

Comment

Did a beautiful one in SF YEARS AGO. The shower head ,itself was on a 45degree angle.
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

My son just helped one of the guys from his department build one. Because of the reduced head room they are talking about adding a domed skylight. There's nothing like a shower with a nice view.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

That pic in your avatar... is that you and your boy in a helicopter?

Curious that some dude flying around in helicopters is putting skylights in people's showers...

Comment

My upstairs bath was once a sloped ceiling. Many years ago, I installed a shower in it. But I have since raised the roof and reshaped the area so that there's a flat ceiling.

Comment

the minimum upc code for a shower is 1024 square inches. nothing like showering in shoe box.

also the old standard was 5'10'' for the shower arm. by the time you put the head on, it's right at your neck. i shoot for 6'4''-6'6'' stub.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Weasel View Post
                That pic in your avatar... is that you and your boy in a helicopter?

Curious that some dude flying around in helicopters is putting skylights in people's showers...
                LOL-No that is one of my sons and my grandson. However, that is the son with the skylight idea.

Mark
                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
                X