• Show
Clear All

Re: some of jobs picts

as water falls vertical to horizontal=long
    horizontal to vertical=M/S

Comment

Freaking neat work, clean and tidy.
      Are there air chambers on the shower valve?
      On KS stubs I sweat two tee's on, pointing up and down on the finish...up to faucet feeds, down to DW & Ice maker.
      Here vents can't go any more than 45 degree's below flood, except with permission from the local inspector for bow vents.
      What diameter is that recirc line?

Comment

A well earned 3/4"

Comment

At first, I didn't realize it was a kitchen, which explains the confusion regarding four water lines. Nice idea to spread them to avoid hoses. But I associated pics of a water heater with 'utility room' and thought it might be for a utility sink of some kind.

It's been quite a few years since I plumbed a house in copper. I was using manifold plastic systems for a long time, so each fixture gets its own pipe. The dishwasher would be piped directly under the dishwasher rather than through the cabinets, for example. Icemaker line gets its own line and box, any addition by the homeowner later would be a cinch since I always left extra outlets. And avoiding walls not only protects from freezing (on outside walls), but makes for easy replacement/repair.

We don't have to strap water heaters here, either. Maybe one day we'll have an earthquake and that will change.

I wouldn't use a union on a PRV because it makes it easier for the HO to mess with it. And remember, this isn't a money area - when we bid a house here, we don't add anything extra. In fact, from what I've seen lately, we don't even pay attention to code. Some horrible stuff going in these days. Maybe I should take up housing again just to show 'em how it's done.

I'm probably going back to a 3-year-old duplex today where the plumber piped the PRV right into the washing machine trap . . .

Comment

[quote=PLUMBER RICK;106727]
            Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
            I'm posting this for my hubs!! He will edit the post after dinner(descriptions)

robert, i don't want to be the one to bust your chops but a grundfos circulating pump can't be installed with the shaft in a vertical position. a horizontal position is the correct orientation.

you will be installing a timer too

also i like a union on the prv discharge line.

otherwise nice installation.

rick.
            Why do you want me to buy you a union when the next heater is going to have the line reconfigured anyway(chances are)

Comment

[quote=drtyhands;106803]
              Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              Why do you want me to buy you a union when the next heater is going to have the line reconfigured anyway(chances are)

That is a very valid point adam. I never use unions, one other member made a good point with resident tampering.

Although, a union would be good when changing out the t&p, but thats why you cut and install a slip cplg.

I am not in the habit of making things easier for the customer to do themselves due to the liabilities and the fact that I am building a business and a profession, this is not my hobby.

Hey Adam, the rain has you in the house also?? I cleared my day today because it was all outside work and maybe my christmas present will come by monday, so I can use it when I need it on monday
              sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by yasudaplumbing View Post
                Robert,

What type of switch is being used to activate the HW recirc. pump? Timer or Thermostatic Sensor?

Does code require you to completely hard pipe the gas supply?
                I normally use the Brasscraft gas flex with the included ball valve.

Tracy
                Commercial water heaters, 100 gallon electronic ignition have to be hard piped in, on this water heater, I had to use a nipple, 90 and a nipple cause I didn't have a longer flex on my van.

I change all the old spring loaded gas cocks to the new code rotator valves, or the "ball valves"

The customers are having a electrician come and install a timer and a switch, then the pump will be wired into that.
                sigpic

Robert

Comment

Wimp,

What are you afraid your GUCCI shirt will get wrinkled!!!!!

AAAAHHHA-HA-HAAAA!!!!

Can you tell I love the rain?

Adam

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                    Wimp,

What are you afraid your GUCCI shirt will get wrinkled!!!!!

AAAAHHHA-HA-HAAAA!!!!

Can you tell I love the rain?

Adam

I love the rain also, I just hate to push jobs off until the next day, or in this case monday.

All exterior work today and it had to rain The only day of the year and it rains. I hope it pours the rest of the day!!!
                    sigpic

Robert

Comment

Looks good Robert,

Make sure you turn that pump down like Rick said or it will die before the warranty is up.

Grumphos makes a nice DHW circulator with a built in timer on it. It's perfect for this application. Can't remember the model off hand. Prolly half the price of the one installed here.

Who were the other 2 guys that put it on the stand for you?

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                        Looks good Robert,

Who were the other 2 guys that put it on the stand for you?
                        It took three Zeljka, Charlie and Dumbo.

Mark
                        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Mark, it isn't nice to call Rob dumbo
                          I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

LOL, you all are so silly, I got it up there with my wench silly folks.

actually, it was me and another contractor, it was only 2 of us

We did some and a little when it fell the first 3 times, but

then after the and a little we set it in perfectly.
                            sigpic

Robert

Comment

Robert...You've been steeling the electricians safety plates again.Put them back where you found them

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                                no that is actually the finished elevation.Its the siesmic floor for earthquakes.Robert just hasn't hung the #12x8" brass screws in the flange yet to hold it to the float
                                Shouldn't it have flex pipe? You know like a radiator hose ?
                                http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X