X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some of jobs picts

I'm posting this for my hubs!! He will edit the post after dinner(descriptions)

sigpic

Robert

Re: some of jobs picts

I think I see a small problem here ......rotflmao
    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
      I think I see a small problem here ......rotflmao

LOL, that is just sitting there resting, it is not glued in place, I set it there so everyone would know there is a toilet there
      sigpic

Robert

Comment

I know there must be a reason for two sets of stubouts on one side of the wall . . .

Comment

And?
          the dog

Comment

Originally posted by Herk View Post
            I know there must be a reason for two sets of stubouts on one side of the wall . . .

2 colds, one for the k/s faucet and purification faucet

2 hots, one for the k/s faucet and dishwasher

there is also a cold for the hoise bibb going out the back.

eliminates the 2 way angle stops
            sigpic

Robert

Comment

you know I just had to do it
              http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Aha! It's a kitchen. I always plumbed my water lines out of the floor for easier future repairs.

And I used copper tees under the sink for things like a dishwasher. And I never needed a purification faucet. We have good water. Plus, I usually had the sink drain to the left of the water lines, to line up with the left side strainer. (Wash on left, rinse and disposer on right.)

I don't do construction or remodels anymore, so I get to miss out on all that stuff like composite counters and undercounter sinks.

Comment

And the kitchen water supplies have an 18" spread centered on the sink to keep the sprayer hose from hanging up.

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                    you know I just had to do it
                    no that is actually the finished elevation.Its the siesmic floor for earthquakes.Robert just hasn't hung the #12x8" brass screws in the flange yet to hold it to the float
                    Last edited by drtyhands; 11-30-2007, 01:44 AM.

Comment

Aha! It's a kitchen. I always plumbed my water lines out of the floor for easier future repairs.

And I used copper tees under the sink for things like a dishwasher. And I never needed a purification faucet. We have good water. Plus, I usually had the sink drain to the left of the water lines, to line up with the left side strainer. (Wash on left, rinse and disposer on right.)

I don't do construction or remodels anymore, so I get to miss out on all that stuff like composite counters and undercounter sinks.

Actually the waters were coming out of the floor, it was a cheap re-pipe. I move all my stuff in the wall, it looks better and is cleaner.
                      sigpic

Robert

Comment

[quote=westcoastplumber;106705]I'm posting this for my hubs!! He will edit the post after dinner(descriptions)

robert, i don't want to be the one to bust your chops but a grundfos circulating pump can't be installed with the shaft in a vertical position. a horizontal position is the correct orientation.

you will be installing a timer too

also i like a union on the prv discharge line.

otherwise nice installation.

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

[quote=PLUMBER RICK;106727]
                          Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
                          I'm posting this for my hubs!! He will edit the post after dinner(descriptions)

robert, i don't want to be the one to bust your chops but a grundfos circulating pump can't be installed with the shaft in a vertical position. a horizontal position is the correct orientation.

you will be installing a timer too

also i like a union on the prv discharge line.

otherwise nice installation.

rick.

Hmmm, it will be changed on monday. Yeah, a union can be nice on a t&p.

I don't do electrical work, the timer will be installed by and electrician, along with a switch to turn it on and off.
                          Last edited by westcoastplumber; 11-30-2007, 01:53 AM.
                          sigpic

Robert

Comment

Robert,

What type of switch is being used to activate the HW recirc. pump? Timer or Thermostatic Sensor?

Does code require you to completely hard pipe the gas supply?
                            I normally use the Brasscraft gas flex with the included ball valve.

2 colds, one for the k/s faucet and purification faucet

2 hots, one for the k/s faucet and dishwasher

there is also a cold for the hoise bibb going out the back.

eliminates the 2 way angle stops
                            Great Job Robert, this is the way I do it also, always 4 stub outs for the Kitchen Sink, regardless if the plans/specs show a dishwasher and/or ice maker/purifier.
                            It never fails, 2 weeks after the owner moves in, you get a call..."we wanna add in an Instant Hot, or Water Purifier, etc."

Good wide spread on the Hot & Cold supplies. I also do this, allows for a lot of free movement in the cabinet for those pull out spray hoses. Don't ya just hate it when the pull out hose catches on the angle stop?

Are Long Sweep Elbows required by code there? Here the code allows us to use the Medium Sweeps for offsets below flood rim height.

The cabinet installers will shoot me if I do that. If structual conditions allow it, I always stub out of the wall.
                            To me, by stubbing out extra pipes, it eliminates the need to torch inside of the cabinet, especially with the high end european cabinets now a days. If you are gonna bring out the torch, it might as well be during the rough in stage.

I find that placement of the disposer really depends on the homeowners washing habits and/or placement of the dishwasher. Whatever they decide, you are safer by stubbing out in the center.
                            FWIW, the stubout should be on the disposer side, not on the strainer side, this way the disposer shoots straight down the baffle tee.
                            These are just my opinions, Robert's may be different.

Tracy
                            sigpic.................I Love My Toto Bidet :twofinger2: :twofinger:

Comment

Yasuda, m/s are required by code, they do not have to be long sweeps, it is what the guy at the supply house threw in the box, and I didn't unpack until I got to the job site, m/s are fine, but to late to change.

As long as we have a drain fitting below the flood level rim of the fixture, thats whats important.
                              sigpic

Robert

Comment

Working...
                              X