Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawaii Job Pics

Hey all,

These are pics I took of a Master Bathroom renovation in a town called Hawaii Kai which is about 10 miles east of Waikiki.

This pic was taken from the lanai off of the Master Bath/Bed Rooms. It shows a view of the famous Diamond Head opposite Waikiki. Normally the view of Diamond Head is from a Waikiki perspective.
    [/IMG]
    [/IMG]

Ok, funs over. Now back to the job. The following pic shows a Kohler cabinet/faucet installation.

Can anybody guess how I installed the angle stops without removing the cabinet and shelf? No struggling involved.
    Keep in mind that after hand tight, I turn my 5/8" comp. nut 2 whole turns to bury all the threads on the valve.
    I will post the pics of my methods after several days.

[/IMG]
    [/IMG]
    [/IMG]
    [/IMG]
    [/IMG]
    [/IMG]
    [/IMG]
    [/IMG]
    [/IMG]
    Did you see the curled HansGrohe Shower Hose (by the Interior Designer)? Cheapie silver colored vinyl hose.
    To me, you can't beat the Grohe hose.

Did you see the reflections in the vanity mirrors? The greenery is a Bamboo mural on the opposite wall.

I'm not done with this job yet. They special ordered a pottery "Furo" style bath tub from Japan. They had to custom make it to accept a waste and overflow assembly. I'll post pics later on that, probably next year from what I hear.

Tracy
    Last edited by yasudaplumbing; 12-01-2007, 03:00 AM.
    sigpic.................I Love My Toto Bidet :twofinger2: :twofinger:

Re: Hawaii Job Pics

Wow, looks fantastic

You do nice clean work

Good job

Greg
    The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Tracy, I love those plumbing pics but seeing home again is making me real homesick. Nice work, never seen a wax ring done like that. I'm guessing the angle stops were installed with a crowsfoot wrench.
      Last edited by gear junkie; 12-01-2007, 10:05 AM.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Those drop-ins are something else, great work Yasuda.

Comment

Nice looking fixtures Yas.Good to see you know how to set angle stops in a custom environment.We have a certain group of guys who leave copper exposed.

It's funny how trippy looking vessels are getting these days.Yours look like they weren't that bad to dap.

What's up with the supply octopus trying to escape from the toilet.

Good job

Adam

Comment

Ok Yasuda, we get it. You live in a tropical paradise. No need to rub it in with the first 2 pics. :twofinger2:

Nice looking stuff there

I thought I had seen it all but a faucet mounted in a medicine cabinet? Architecs are still finding new ways to challenge plumbers The vessels back ledge seems to make acces to the handle difficult.

I agree with you about the hand held Grohe hose.

If you have to knead the wax maybe you are using the wrong brand. Bamboo floor in master bath....eck!

Comment

I've been wondering how long those thin Toto seals will hold inside the toilet. By the time you know they've failed, they've ruined something. I wonder if Japanese engineers ever have to commit seppuku?

Comment

Nice work!! I have installed those Toto Neorest toilets and carriers, they are fun. I like the faucet and all the other finish work you have done.

Did you complete the rough also??

Nice place to live, you lucky guy Are you hiring??
                sigpic

Robert

Comment

O.K. I'm curious. How many of you guys and girls have tried those toilet seat mounted bidets? Those vessel sinks look great. Good job.

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
                    O.K. I'm curious. How many of you guys and girls have tried those toilet seat mounted bidets? Those vessel sinks look great. Good job.

Welcome to the forum, I like the avatar name.

I have installed them, the full on kit pictured, never had any complaints.

I personally don't do the heated seat, bidet wash thing, but like I said, no complaints from my customers.
                    sigpic

Robert

Comment

You guys are talking about this one right? http://cleanishappy.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post

LOL, thats the one Josh, thanks for refreshing our memories
                        sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                          Tracy, I love those plumbing pics but seeing home again is making me real homesick. Nice work, never seen a wax ring done like that. I'm guessing the angle stops were installed with a crowsfoot wrench.
                          Sorry to make ya homesick Ben. I always try to take photos of beautiful views, It kinda lets me dream a little.
                          Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                          Nice looking fixtures Yas.Good to see you know how to set angle stops in a custom environment.We have a certain group of guys who leave copper exposed.

It's funny how trippy looking vessels are getting these days.Yours look like they weren't that bad to dap.

What's up with the supply octopus trying to escape from the toilet.

Good job

Adam
                          I used clear Alex caulking for the sinks for a couple of reasons. I figured after it cures, the sink and counter will reflect off of each other hopefully making it difficult to see the caulking itself, or they can easily follow up with another color later.

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                          Ok Yasuda, we get it. You live in a tropical paradise. No need to rub it in with the first 2 pics. :twofinger2:

Nice looking stuff there

I thought I had seen it all but a faucet mounted in a medicine cabinet? Architecs are still finding new ways to challenge plumbers The vessels back ledge seems to make acces to the handle difficult.

I agree with you about the hand held Grohe hose.

If you have to knead the wax maybe you are using the wrong brand. Bamboo floor in master bath....eck!
                          You are right about the sink/faucet positioning, I think the counter is set too high in my opinion. The faucet handle doesn't touch the sink at all though.
                          My former boss is the one that had a Hercules crack upon installation, and my friend had a DeBest crack on him.
                          After watching these two draining and re-pulling the toilet, cleaning up the wax, etc. This is when I decided to take the extra minute to soften it up. I'm probably the only one on this planet that does it, maybe I'm just paranoid.

Originally posted by Herk View Post
                          I've been wondering how long those thin Toto seals will hold inside the toilet. By the time you know they've failed, they've ruined something. I wonder if Japanese engineers ever have to commit seppuku?
                          I have been wondering about the seals myself. The first one I put in was about 10 years ago. The rubber seal was different then, it shrouded over the plastic adapter and was held in place with a zip tie, I guess these are the engineers who committed seppuku, LOL.
                          Did anybody notice Toto changed the design for the Tank-Bowl gasket for the Drake Model? Originally the bottom of the gasket was purely flat where it met the bowl. Now it is beveled like all the rest. I told the local distributor back then they would be a problem and they didn't believe me. 5-7 years later they are dealing with a rash of Drake leaks.
                          And the sad thing about it is, you can't tighten the bolts further because the tank is already resting on the raised casted edge of the bowl.!
                          Dang Japanese engineers, they makin' me look bad!

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
                          Nice work!! I have installed those Toto Neorest toilets and carriers, they are fun. I like the faucet and all the other finish work you have done.

Did you complete the rough also??

Nice place to live, you lucky guy Are you hiring??
                          I did do the rough in also, unfortunately I didn't take pics. I did the rough in before I became a member here and caught "Forum Fever" .
                          If I think about hiring, I'll give you guys a call. Donuts and coffee and a pineapple for Rick.LOL

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
                          I personally have one at my house.
                          Welcome to the forum.
                          Once you use a Toto Washlet, there is no going back, honestly. It definitely saves on toilet paper too. I use only 5 sheets (Charmin) per Dump, LOL. Click on the link below.

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                          Yes Josh, thats the one. I personally have the S300 which was top of the line when I bought it. $770 our cost. $1200 retail. The S400 is the newest model
                          __________________________________________________ _______________

I personally don't like the shell sinks, they just don't match the decor of the whole thing. I honestly think the interior designer got them from another job where the owner refused them or she got them at a really discounted price.
                          I'll tell you why, the push style Nickel colored pop-ups were already installed on the sinks with clear silocone under the rubber gasket which was fully cured already. All that was left in the small Kohler box was the 1 1/4" threaded tailpiece. I think another plumber was ready to install them at another job when the owner walked in and said "No Friggin Way!".

Thanks for the positive comment guys. Any constructive criticism is also welcome.

Tracy
                          sigpic.................I Love My Toto Bidet :twofinger2: :twofinger:

Comment

No criticism from me! Looks great! I look forward to your tips about the shut offs.
                            Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Thanks Robert, Yasuda and Josh for responding. I'm with you Yasuda once you use a seat mounted bidet there is no going back. It's one of the things I'm passionate about. Robert I think you use a sled style sewer machine as do I. ( I hope I'm not getting you confused with someone else). Mine is awesome but I still want to try that K60 I've heard so much about. I think you do also. However I would take all of it to the scrap yard before I would go without a bidet. They are that good. Actually Yasuda I think the S200 works better than the 300 believe it or not. different water stream seems to work faster and better. I'm not a salesman for Toto, my personal favorites are the very inexpensive models-no heated seat ,no warm water ,no air dry just clean every time. Excuse me fellas I'm getting misty eyed.

Comment

Working...
                              X