Pro Plumbing Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pro Plumbing Discussion

Pipestone... all is well again. Made the change and it was reacted to negatively. We are back to square one except for Ask the Plumbing Experts being at the top of the list.

Sorry for the scare.

Josh

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
    Josh, correct me if I am wrong, but didn't you recently do a DIY project and post a question or two here? Seems a bit contradictory to your above message. Personally, if some want their own forum, let them start one of their own. I think there might be quite a howl at Ridgid if this forum starts getting split up. Besides, how are you going to determine who is a real PRO? In my area, if you own a pipewrench, a saw, and a can of glue you can paint a sign on your truck and you are a plumber. I will venture a guess that I am not alone.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      i give advise all the time to both new customers and established ones.

to me helping out an established customer or a stranger has always been good business. never a loss of business because of it.

rick.
      Rick I`m with ya I hate to charge for a 5 minute repair or a simple toilet stoppage.
      I tell em how I do it and call me back if it dont work.

When I show up, I push the plunger 1,2,3 times and I`m done. They never ***** about paying me $70.00 to do it because I tried to help em save money before I showed up. Seem`s to make em happy knowing that I tried to save em a buck or 2 before I charged em
      http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
        Rick I`m with ya I hate to charge for a 5 minute repair or a simple toilet stoppage.

When I show up, I push the plunger 1,2,3 times and I`m done. They never ***** about paying me $70.00 to do it because I tried to help em save money before I showed up. Seem`s to make em happy knowing that I tried to save em a buck or 2 before I charged em
        That's some great attitude you got. You almost sound like a Doctor! Maybe it's hard for some of the Pro's to remember when they didn't know what they were doing and how desperate that clogged toilet can make you feel? I hope there's always enough business to allow you to give folks a break like you described before you charge them for a job well done. God Bless You.

Comment

Originally Posted by PLUMBER RICK
          i give advise all the time to both new customers and established ones.

to me helping out an established customer or a stranger has always been good business. never a loss of business because of it.

rick.

I run my business the same way as you guys, let the home owner do the easy stuff by coaching them a bit.
          They will eventually call me for the hard stuff, along with their extended family, friends, and co-workers.
          Heck, I even gained a few great General Contractors this way.
          The way I look at it is: 5-10 minutes of my time = to thousands in profits.

Tracy

Comment

I've always enjoyed helping the ones who want to try it on their own. As a matter of fact I had a radio show named "Home Improvement" before Tim Allen was even around. People would call to ask questions regarding repairs and I did my best to talk them through it. Many of them called me later to do the tougher project they did not want to handle on their own. The show got me a lot more work than it ever lost me.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Tim Allen is hot

Comment

Originally posted by mrs. westcoast View Post
                Tim Allen is hot
                What are the rest of us chopped liver?

Mark
                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                  What are the rest of us chopped liver?

Mark

awwww....i didn't mean it tha way Mark

I had a crush on tim allen ever since i was 7 y old..then recently saw a movie with him and Robert agrees with me

Comment

awwww....i didn't mean it tha way Mark

I had a crush on tim allen ever since i was 7 y old..then recently saw a movie with him and Robert agrees with me
                    So are you saying that Robert now has a crush on Tim Allen??

Comment

Originally posted by biscuit View Post
                      So are you saying that Robert now has a crush on Tim Allen??

Comment

Now that`s TMI
                        http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

I think I better leave this one alone before it hits the fan around here

Comment

Now that`s TMI
                            what does tmi stands for?

Comment

what does tmi stands for?
                              "Too Much Information"

Regards,

Comment

Mrs. WC ,Do You also call Tim Boy, Muffin Butt ?
                                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
                                X