X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone currently in trade school?

I agree with Tyman, I am a plumbing apprentice and have been a drain tech for two years now. I enjoy my job, and I hear the plumbers I work with talk the same way. Try to listen and learn as much as I can, but I think the problem may be with the company and not the plumbers or the industry. Where I work there are a total of a total of 8 Journeymen, 3 of which are given the "this has to be done now and done right" type of jobs. They are constantly "Bailing" so to speak. 1 of the other 5 remaining is older, and could easily go out on disability, but doesn't want to, so they have him ride with the apprentices once a week, which gives us a ton of good info. And for the remaining 4 they do enough to get by. So I agree with NHMaster as well as demanding a higher level, but think that the ones who do care need to be recognized and rewarded so the don't feel so burnt out.

Billytwohatz

Comment

Re: Anyone currently in trade school?

Do not misunderstand me. Plumbers get dirty, some days real dirty. But thats no excuse for starting the day off with filthy, torn jeans and a tee shirt full of holes and covered with pvc glue and pipe dope. We supply 6 days of clean uniforms and pay the laundry bill. As for foul language, ask yourself if you want your crew yelling the f word at each other all day, when the job site is next to a day care center?
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X