X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calif. Plumbers

If I remember the law ,Ca. plumbers c-36,Have to post certain info on their trucks.
    Roto Rooter in My area, [Marin co.Ca,], don't list a Lic. #. There trucks all say plumbing, in addition to drain cleaning
    Thanks' Tool
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Calif. Plumbers

If you are advertising plumbing as a contractor you have to put your number on that advertisement.

Comment

your contractors lic# has to be on your truck signs as well as any printed material.....business cards, invoices....Rick
      The Other Rick

Comment

I took my test almost 30-years ago but at the time Plumbers, Well Diggers and Electric Sign Contractors were the only trades required to have their names on their trucks. In addition to you name you needed to list your contractor's number in no smaller than 2" numbers. I'm not sure if that is still the requirements or not.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Many plumbing contractors I know have more work than they can handle so they don't put anything on their trucks other than the DMV registration # on the heavier ones.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
            Many plumbing contractors I know have more work than they can handle so they don't put anything on their trucks other than the DMV registration # on the heavier ones.
            Thanks funny. If you have all the work you need just leave the name and license number off.

I don't think the requirement was but in the law to ensure you were advertising your services, it's more likely so someone can have the minimum information needed to report you to the State if they feel the need to.
            ---------------
            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
            ---------------
            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
            ---------
            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
            ---------
            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Almost 30-years ago and I still have it:

§ 7029.5. Display of name, business address and business license number on commercial vehiclesEvery plumbing contractor, electrical sign contractor, and well-drilling contractor licensed under this chapter shall have displayed on each side of each motor vehicle used in his or her business, for which a commercial vehicle registration fee has been paid pursuant to Article 3 (commencing with Section 9400) of Chapter 6 of Division 3 of the Vehicle Code, his or her name, permanent business address, and contractor’s license number, all in letters and numerals not less than 1½ inches high.The identification requirements of this section shall also apply to any drill rig used for the drilling of water wells.Failure to comply with this section constitutes a cause for disciplinary action.

I was off on the size of the numbers though.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                Thanks funny. If you have all the work you need just leave the name and license number off.

I don't think the requirement was but in the law to ensure you were advertising your services, it's more likely so someone can have the minimum information needed to report you to the State if they feel the need to.
                Makes sense to me Bob.Yet to see any requirements pertaining to putting your name on the truck.Been viewed by us as an option.If we chose to run the name to drum up business,we're required to post our license #.

Comment

Mark, the NJ statute reads pretty much the same.

NJSA
                  CHAPTER 32
                  STATE BOARD OF EXAMINERS
                  OF MASTER PLUM BERS
                  Authority
                  N.J.S.A. 45:14C-7.

13:32-3.1 Identification of licensed master plumber)
                  vehicles, stationery; advertising.
                  (a) All commercial vehicles used in the practice of State
                  licensed master plumbing shall be marked on both sides
                  with the following information:

1. The name of the licensed master plumber in letters at
                  least one inch in height; and

2. The words "Plumbing license number'' or "Plumbing
                  Lic. #" followed by the license number of the owner
                  or qualified bona fide representative; and

3. The name of the owner or lessee of the vehicle and
                  the municipality from which the licensed master plumber
                  practices or where the licensed master plummber has a
                  principal office in lettering at least three inches in height
                  i. Where available space for lettering is limited,
                  either by design of the vehicle or by the presence pf
                  other legally specïed ideptiscation markings, making
                  strict compliance with (a)3 above impractical, the size
                  of the lettering shall be as close to three inches high as
                  is possible within the limited space, provided the name
                  is clearly vsible and readily identifiable.
                  Last edited by Bob D.; 12-03-2007, 11:46 PM.
                  ---------------
                  Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                  ---------------
                  “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                  ---------
                  "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                  ---------
                  sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

So I wonder why they have not ever inforced it in the 23 years I've been around the trades.Never heard of anyone getting popped for it out here.

I have saved the information that you shared with us Mark,thank you.

Comment

Does anyone know why these three only? Seems like there are plenty more that have the ability to do damage to the community.

Comment

So I wonder why they have not ever inforced it in the 23 years I've been around the trades.Never heard of anyone getting popped for it out here.

I have saved the information that you shared with us Mark,thank you.
                        I knew Robert nagged me for not putting his license on the website or flyers when i first started advertising 6 months ago

Comment

Does anyone know why these three only? Seems like there are plenty more that have the ability to do damage to the community.
                          I wonder the same thing back when I was getting ready for my test. I would imagine they feel those are the three trades which are most likely to hurt adjacent property while working.

Mark

Comment

Working...
                          X