X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plumbing inspectors, The differences

Just passed a rough in SF. Most of these inspectors are former plumbers.Nothing gets by them. On residential Its CI and copper DWV. The original down leader had a clean out in the basement with a short sweep Vert to horiz. Pointed this out to the homeowner ,first day.
    Not part of My work. I roughed a new toilet and lav. Sure enough He caught it! Let it slide.
    Now smaller towns have few inspectors,that sign off on all the trades. They really don't know plumbing and elec. as well as former tradesman. Funny I'm a carpenter that does it all under My Gen. Lic. I have a passion for plumbing ,and take pride in it. I prefer to have the real deal
    signing off My work. I always learn something new around them.
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: plumbing inspectors, The differences

Up here there's a couple you won't bend the rules, period. Live by the code, die by the code.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

I had that last job in SF! This guy was fair. Fitting was installed 35 yrs. ago and signed off.
      Gutter water.
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Here, no license, no permit.
        I just repiped a bathroom that had been unnecessarily flat vented, using tee-wyes on the flat in the drainage also.
        I cut out the flat vent and it was completely caked with debris from years of backing up.
        The inspector told me he suspected the house had been done by a contractor that was able to slide it by the inspector back then.

Comment

Hi Duck ,hackers everywhere! Funny ,all My work was code and neat, licensed plumbers wasn't. You figure?

Comment

Depends on where I'm working in town.

Capital Hill or Georgetown; I get the chief plumbing inspector who nitpicks everything

When I'm in the ghetto; I get the guy that signs off without getting out of his car

Comment

Working...
            X