X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One or Two Ply

I have heard customers say that if you have a toilet that keeps clogging up they have been told to switch from 2ply to 1ply. I personally don't hold a lot of stock in that unless you are on a septic system. Any prefernces I seem to know everyones bathroom habits now thanks to John C. Just curious as to if there is any real difference.

Billytwohatz
    2ply type of guy

Re: One or Two Ply

Originally posted by billytwohatz View Post
    I have heard customers say that if you have a toilet that keeps clogging up they have been told to switch from 2ply to 1ply. I personally don't hold a lot of stock in that unless you are on a septic system. Any prefernces I seem to know everyones bathroom habits now thanks to John C. Just curious as to if there is any real difference.

Billytwohatz
    2ply type of guy

99% of the time it doesnt matter what Ply you use...If your system backs up , then you have a problem with the sewer line period, either by nature, or by human error.. For example, Nature being the tree roots, sagged pipes, backpitched pipes, bad joints, lead leaking into a line, etc. etc....human error being tampons, baby wipes, heiny wipes, paper towels, kitty litter, etc. etc....The only time i see toilet paper being the issue, other then stopping up on one of those problems is that people will use half a roll to wipe and then flush with a full load in the toilet...Of course the toilet will clog that way...
    Just MO... That is the only time that the Ply of toilet paper has matter...

Greg
    The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

I'm with Greg.
      In fact I think you'd tend to use more paper with 1 ply.

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
        For example, Nature being the tree roots, sagged pipes, backpitched pipes, bad joints, lead leaking into a line, etc. etc....human error being tampons, baby wipes, heiny wipes, paper towels, kitty litter, etc. etc....

your kidding me, kitty litter?!?!?!?
        9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by oldslowchevy View Post
          your kidding me, kitty litter?!?!?!?
          I have seen it. They advertise a flushable kitty litter. I have also had to get it out as well. I have also removed kitty litter from a showers trap as well. Had to keep picking at it with the cable and shop-vac, add more water, cable shopvac water. Took for ever then pressure bagged the snot out of it.

Billytwohatz

Comment

ewwwww who put cat litter down the shower drain. never mind, i really don't want to know.
            9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

OSC, i did a job last month, the customer had 3 other companies out there, and they all told him to did up the line and replace...i went out there and the guy had about 15 cats....I water jetted the line, and it was clogged in 7 different spots through out the line....Guy was flushing kitty litter and newspapers...

Greg
              The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Originally posted by billytwohatz View Post

Billytwohatz
                2ply type of guy

i hope this is not the start of another bidet story

toilet paper is here to stay.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  i hope this is not the start of another bidet story

toilet paper is here to stay.

rick.

"Paper or plastic??"........The other Rick
                  The Other Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rick1643 View Post
                    "Paper or plastic??"........The other Rick
                    didn't you already get me in enough trouble with identity theft on the bidet thread

glad we called his bluff.

game over.

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Don't you think its ironic, there is a pro paper post going at the same time. And its not my fault that he doesn't know who he's talking to.....
                      The Other Rick

Comment

And its not my fault that he doesn't know who he's talking to.....
                        I hope he doesn't expect me to be married to both of you. . . .I can barely handle the one I got

Joey
                        I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Don't you think its ironic, there is a pro paper post going at the same time. And its not my fault that he doesn't know who he's talking to.....
                          well the only way to determine who the real rick is, is to come join the west coast crew for a dinner get together on jan. 5th. even plumber crack is coming in for the occasion.

by the way, you don't have to do the cooking.

keep in touch for the details.

so far it's

rick and joey, mark and brenda, roberet and zeljlka, adam and mellie, steve and susan, plumber crack and any other locals or willing to travel

welcome to the ridgid forum by the way

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

No cooking for me, had two restraurants, will never do it again. I'm doing what I like, where I like, and for who I like. Besides, people prefer it if I don't touch their food these days.Thanks for the invite, might just be able to do that.. Did you invite John Crapper??
                            The Other Rick

Comment

By the way, thanks for the welcome, its my first one
                              The Other Rick

Comment

Working...
                              X