X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stolen Copper

I see lots of stuff in scrap yards, the only thing required is a picture ID, they are stealing everything from copper pipe, wire, a coils, to copper wire and cable wire form telephone, electrical polls.

sign of the times.
    sigpic

Robert

Comment

I just bid a 3 story apt bldg that was stripped of all exposed copper & baseboard.
      Guy had just gotten his deposit for a sale and stopped by to check in to discover the heat was out.
      Now the sale is held up until he gets it repiped and his ins co is attempting to weasle out on a technicality.

Comment

Won't do a repipe when crime is involved

The person it usually happens to will call 400 plumbers until they get the cheapest. Some of them really play the victim beyond its true worth, especially when the car they show up in is over $30,000.
        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
          This is Virginia Beach and I'm sure some stuff slips by unfortunantley. Wait a second, were you implying you live in Virginia Beach?
          I was implying that your post was crap. Somebody buys the ripped of copper, and it's recycling yards. Of course it doesn't happen in Jerry Falwellville.
          the dog

Comment

California law requires scrap yards to properly identify the seller of the scrap and document the purchase. The problem is not all of them do and it is just like chop shops that deal in stolen cars. The more the copper is worth the more illegal purchases will be made.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Re: Stolen Copper (from everyones pocket)

PC and others probably read or heard of this when it was published in November, but for those who haven't here's a copper theft story that affects us all.

Pennies no small change in D.C.

What's your take?

Is it OK for a private company to take public property (objects of value that were created at taxpayers expense) and use them for their own private gains?
              ---------------
              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
              ---------------
              “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
              ---------
              "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
              ---------
              sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
              X