X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repent Your Sins Here

My brothers forgive me for I have sinned....

My van has not been cleaned in over a month
    I use a Ridgid Seesnake without a recording device
    I may not have caulked every new toilet to the floor
    I was coersed into bribing an inspector to pass my poor workmanship
    I have used a Ridgid K-60 and still prefer my drum machine *Gasp!*
    I have sweated adapters on water heaters after tightening
    I use Nokorode water soluble flux everyday
    I have used an air admittance valve when I didn't have to
    I have used a flat rate system but still believe in T&M
    When I was unable to diagnose a no heat problem I changed the most expensive part and crossed my fingers

This redemtion thing does work. I feel so much better now.

What are your sins?
    Last edited by plumberscrack; 12-17-2007, 07:51 PM.

Re: Repent Your Sins Here

Oh. So when do you start with the SIN part? It all looks reasonable to me . . .

Lately, I've actually made a few bucks without feeling guilty about it, but that doesn't seem so sinful, either.

BTW - I've never used a sectional machine - how much more of a PIA is it? I'm seriously thinking about getting a K-60 to start back into sewer cleaning because of it's all-round usefulness.

Comment

I,as a foreman,fired a guy for trying to flirt with my girlfriend.

More to come,gimme some time.

Comment

As a tract plumber,miles of ground work with no sand.

Comment

I Woussko have bayed (howled) for over 20 minutes non stop during the wee hours of the night only so as to harass my neighbors into throwing shoes out their windows.

I'm the old sicko **** howling hound of this forum.
          Last edited by Woussko; 12-17-2007, 11:46 PM.

Comment

I harp on high water pressure as the evil monkey in the closet to promote sales.
            Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

hummmm and you all wonder why a home owner might want to laern to do there own work? seem to me that this will turn into a "who bent who over the barrel the hardest", and saddly this thread has lead me to wonder why i have come to respect some of you? sorry
              9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

That's the treasure of this forum.In no way do I have have to closet pose to a bunch of imaginary friends who I will never have to make myself accountable to.No keyboard commando here.

I have made mistakes.And because I am confident in my abilities I don't mind verbalizing my mistakes.

What dummies can't see is the loud mouth that boasts perfection is more than likely the one putting in the hack job.

Comment

I've used sharkbites and continue to use pex. I solder with oxy acetylene. I firmly believe Fergusons is screwing plumbers all over America. I sweat a mpt into the fpt shower unions. I'm not proud of this one but since we're confessing here; I poured quickcrete into every drain and pipe I could find when I did commercial HVAC when the plumber tore down my duct to make room for his pipe. I think that's about it. Sorry to dissapoint you folks.
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Ben

Was this an ongoing thing with this guy and you'd had it.The concrete seams a little heavy.Why not just cut his pipe out and tell the job super take care of it.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                      the plumber tore down my duct to make room for his pipe.
                      I need to add this to my list above

Comment

I dealt with this guy on 3 other jobs. He was a total a$$hole. We had the same routine every time. Our ductwork went up first. He thought we had work around him, not the other way around. The 3rd job he through a fit and we almost came to blows. The super got involved, my boss got involved. On the fourth job, while we were out to lunch, he tore out out down about 50ft of tdc duct with a manlift(just remembered Adam). He got a slap on the wrist from the super. My helper came up with the idea of the quickrete. The job went on like normal and we never saw the end result but I know he was mad when his drains backed up.

Just talked to Adam about this and he jogged my memory; I've also coated the inside of someones truck with blue rectoseal. It perfectly matches the blue vinyl interior of Fords. I know, probably going to plumbing hell where I install galvanized pipe for the rest of eternity.
                        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                          I need to add this to my list above
                          Were you in augusta, ga around 8 1/2 years ago?
                          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                            Were you in augusta, ga around 8 1/2 years ago?
                            Maybe...were you 6 weeks behind getting your ductwork hung?

Comment

Ok here's mine

I used a 4X4 PVC/CAST to clay flex coupler on a clean-out install when I only need a 4X4 PVC to CAST coupler and I keep thinking about digging it back up and changing it ???? Really I do

I am going to dump 2 80lbs bags of quick create down a 9' deep sewer clean out because they wont pay there bill after they called me out of bed at 2:00am ....errrrrrr
                              Really, I "AM" gonna do it

I forgot about the 3 3/4 still ball bearing that goes between the 80lb bag`s

Ok, other then that I have been a good boy
                              Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 12-18-2007, 12:15 AM.
                              http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X