X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you superstitious about?

Last edited by Tyman; 02-22-2010, 08:30 PM.
    Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Re: What are you superstitious about?

Wrapping up your torch before you turn the water on to check for leaks.

Comment

I have to smoke a cig before i start soldering. I also don't take bananas when fishing.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

If I test water system with air it won't leak cause it is too easy to fix.

Comment

Never work on my birthday...

NEVER.....load up the copper tools until the water is on and all faucets OFF.

Always do a final walk through of your work AFTER check is in hand and you're leaving the house.

Never use the customer's toilet for personal use

Never experience "flatuence" inside the home, EVER. You just never know "who stopped in" for a second and sometimes you just can't blame the dog.

I did this earlier in the year, thought I had free reign and sure enough, here comes the older retired couple that could smell kale cooking all the way from europe.

Old man comes in, stands and watches me while I'm under sink repairing the faucet.....not the drain mind you,

"Honey, get the checkbook out; I think the plumber broke the toilet trying to fix the faucet because it sure smells like **** in here!"

Cussing Taco Bell doesn't fix the above.

NEVER go into a customer's home without first looking at your face in a mirror.

NEVER trust the property owner when they say "Oh it's okay; pull your truck around back........we do it all the time."
          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

I agree about the copper tools. You're guaranteed a leak if you put the torch up before testing.

Dunbar, you had me laughing hard. That post is gospel in my book.
            Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

A forked branch, held with a fork in each hand, will dip and point when it passes over water

A drowned woman floats face up, a drowned man floats face down

If you walk under a ladder, you will have bad luck

You can break a bad luck spell by turning seven times in a clockwise circle

Clothes worn inside out will bring good luck
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Ill say with Drain Cleaning, ill never put my machines in the truck until i have had water running for 15 mins after the clog is cleared. I will clean up in the mean time so the time isnt wasted, but to many times i just cleared the clogged, cleaned up, put the machine away, and oops...gurgle gurgle ...that doesnt happen anymore.
                The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Never test within 2 hrs of going home time.

Never schedule the inspection untill the test holds

Never speak ill of the guy that was there before you. Real good chance it was the home owner. Who was the idiot that did this? Oh it was you sir ...so very sorry......

The joint that was a ***** to get to will leak every time.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                    Never speak ill of the guy that was there before you. Real good chance it was the home owner. Who was the idiot that did this? Oh it was you sir ...so very sorry......
                    I ask first..then, fully knowing I was lied to...lay into the poor workmanship of the "other" plumber.
                    Maybe one day I'll grow up.

Comment

I'm not superstitious. And it seems to me that most of the posts here reflect experience as to what can go wrong and how to prepare for it rather than superstition. Sure, if you take your tools out to the truck and have a leak, you'll have to bring them back in. Since you've experienced having a leak both with the tools already hauled off and still on the job, you know that it's more practical to keep them inside until you're certain.

Comment

Not a plumer...but have the same Do not put up torch set before leak checkign a system...or u will be walking ur butt back to the truck to get the torch.

When on call do not do anything like sleep..mow yard or work on car.....will get called....sit in truck with uniform on and paper work ready....and phone will not ring.

IF u switch on call weekends with someone....they will have 1 call...easy big tipping customer. U will get a million calls all major pains..and cheap customers.

From USMC days...bad luck to miss on the last shot. (especialy true if enemy is shooting back at u)

Comment

None. But I always factor in worst case scenario.
                          the dog

Comment

I always pack my tools up before the water goes on, everything always goes in the van, in it's place, then the water is turned on.

I am scared to do it the other way.

I never say "This will be easy" or "This will be quick" cause evertime I do, something happens.

I used to go to Hooters every friday, then on Monday, I would sell a huge job.

In the middle of the week, or everytime I used to clean my van, really clean and organize the inside, I would sell a huge job and it would be a mess again.
                            sigpic

Robert

Comment

If I'm at a resturant and been waiting on my food for an hour, I'll light a cig and the food will come out before I have my lighter put away. Works everytime.
                              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                              X