flushing out john crapper III

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: flushing out john crapper III

With that level of zeal, it's profitable. period.
    Ken "Crapper" states at the start of the thread that there were 4 stages a prospect goes through...I think I speak for a few here when I say that statement alone was somewhat condescending.
    Then if there was any disagreement, there was what I referred to as negative reinforcement...in sales thats about the cheesiest approach there is (think used car sales man.)
    If any of us failed to fall within his "4 stage" guideline, it got ugly...he wanted predictability and even resorted to the intimation of, bad dieting, bad hygiene and the worst... spousal odor to reinforce his case.
    I sorta dropped off the thread for a wee bit at that point, I'm past high school.
    His in depth knowledge of Ziggler means he's the "pyramid" type...has been to a few "sales" seminars...I weaned that knowledge from him.
    In the end, I was completely delighted to see them post something else about plumbing, I responded enthusiastically...and would again, as long as it's not about bidets and distasteful comments on those who won't use them.

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
      Just what i want, some stalker looking for my truck while im having lunch at a resturaunt with friends...Then interviewing me about toilet seats while im sitting at the table...

Well at least he is trying to prove his point, alittle childish, but you got to love the enthusiasm.
      Make no mistake. . . that was totally planned in advance
      I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
        With that level of zeal, it's profitable. period.
        Ken "Crapper" states at the start of the thread that there were 4 stages a prospect goes through...I think I speak for a few here when I say that statement alone was somewhat condescending.
        Then if there was any disagreement, there was what I referred to as negative reinforcement...in sales thats about the cheesiest approach there is (think used car sales man.)
        If any of us failed to fall within his "4 stage" guideline, it got ugly...he wanted predictability and even resorted to the intimation of, bad dieting, bad hygiene and the worst... spousal odor to reinforce his case.
        I sorta dropped off the thread for a wee bit at that point, I'm past high school.
        His in depth knowledge of Ziggler means he's the "pyramid" type...has been to a few "sales" seminars...I weaned that knowledge from him.
        In the end, I was completely delighted to see them post something else about plumbing, I responded enthusiastically...and would again, as long as it's not about bidets and distasteful comments on those who won't use them.
        Actually, it was 3 stages, and I thought the quote was really perfect (though I'm not up on my Schopenhauer enough to know if it's a real quote). In fact, the initial post was (IMO) well written, funny, intelligent, and on topic given Tracy's video. It just got so weird after that... post after post after post. I agree some weird sales/evangelical door got opened. But no actual attempts at sales seem to have occurred...just zealous promotion of a concept, not even a particular product. It really smacks of the evangelical sales seminar things you allude to. And always for me when talk leads to zero action, and specific things are mentioned and favorably recieved and no action follows, the specifics mentioned earlier are lost in more proseletizing...something is wrong; there is a hidden agenda. I just can't figure the agenda. But it sure was entertaining, for a while, 'til it got weird/scary/boring.

-Alex
        This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Alex, exactly.
          His first post was interesting...but then when he referred to those stages as the thread progressed, be it 3 or 4...he seemed to impress himself with his own intellect.
          His video is chock full of agreeable patrons, but maybe he should shoot footage of a discussion with someone who disagree's.
          He never did mention an actual product name, however he did offer a full money back guarantee to any takers on the board.
          Ricks opening post says it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
            And an appearance by saysflushable on part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUA4KzvqxHU

so they are plumbers... they are just obsessed with bidets... at least John was.

And John... I had no problem with you being on the site. It just felt a bit like spam having you post 50+ straight times about bidets and sometimes insulting the members. Branch out a bit...
            Josh,

They are idiots. I spotted it then and nothing on that video changes my mind. Anyone with a van and a snake can call themselves a plumber. It doesn't mean they know anything. If they did they would have presented their arguments on this forum. You are the best freedom of speech forum master I have seen (athough I have had disagreements). If they took he time to post a video on youtube, they have an agenda.

My advice, forget those little girls and move on.
            the dog

Comment

Originally posted by plumbdog10 View Post
              Josh,

They are idiots. I spotted it then and nothing on that video changes my mind. Anyone with a van and a snake can call themselves a plumber. It doesn't mean they know anything. If they did they would have presented their arguments on this forum. You are the best freedom of speech forum master I have seen (athough I have had disagreements). If they took he time to post a video on youtube, they have an agenda.

My advice, forget those little girls and move on.
              I cant believe it, but all I got to say to this is AMEN, I agree with "the dog"

Comment

Okay folks...

I may be the one who stands alone in this thinking.......but I now have one of these jewels.

saysflushable took the time and money and sent me one of these units, the cheaper version of the Bio-Bidet. It's very simplistic.....like a working valve set up on a keypad to adjust flow while in use.

When I give someone my word, I mean it and I'll give an honest opinion on its use. I fit the word disabled to a tee and some of my hardships involve the issues of the toilet.

I would love to see a toilet work just like the craftmatic adjustable chair someday......where the toilet actually lifts up off the floor to meet your *** and then you slowly ride it down to the resting position.....do your business. It would have to be an accordian style drain assembly and work just like a blowout toilet.....removing waste and water before raising and lowering. When I make my millions I'll try to design such a beast for people that just cannot sit down without falling down or have the body strength to not lift up off the toilet, whether it's a comfort height or not.

I have grab bars right next to my kohler cimmarron and it doesn't seem to work much. If I had a rope tied off from the ceiling to grab and pull up.....I'd be better off.

Anyway, my only concern with this unit is the fact that incoming cold is gauging at 45-50 degrees....that's only if I'm stoopid enough to flush the toilet first after using it.....then using the bidet for cleaning and double flushing. Hopefully the well insulated walls and room temperature will allow enough water to comfortably do its job and go on with it.

No dryer to this unit but that's okay; still will require toilet paper but only for water wipe up. Do you like me talking about my *** so much?

Here's where it gets ugly....but it happens.

My exfoiliations are usually always in the morning, rarely during the day. If I mess with that time clock and delay that process? It really makes for a horrible day on the job or between service calls which becomes an emergency situation sometimes. I will NOT use a customer's toilet, ever. Maybe if they are on vacation in jamaica and I got tables and chairs against the doors, pinning them shut but that's it.

Anyway, depending on the "type" of movement can determine if you will have to wipe 6 more times during the course of the day....

You can try the wash rag trick, might work
                You can try the toilet paper trick till yer bleeding, rubbed raw
                That itching and burning is uncomfortable through the course of day since you didn't take care of "business" and you can't help you got a leaky faucet for an ***. Flatuence will make this situation even worse and once again, your wiping.

That doesn't mean I'm going to stop everything I'm doing and go out of my way back to the shop to do my business with this device. It just means that there's a possibility I "might" use it and try to see how effective it is in the above scenario.

Here, tell me this guy didn't need a bidet that day in question, he would of bought 10 just like rick would if given the chance!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1.../1003-ref2.jpg
                http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1.../1002-ref1.jpg

^^^ That's called "guessing wrong on passing wind" I'm sure. LOL!!!!

I'm telling it the way it is. Like garager I'm going to report it's use to whoever wants to read into the story line. I watched both videos and I like a few points taken and want to experience it for myself.

Isn't it amazing that I won't install one spaghetti string of PEX, one stick of CPVC, Gas-Tite or CSST but I'll have a hard stream of water pointing at my valued posterior and pray that my lower regions don't become a mud-caked mud flap on 78 chevy?

Outta here!

Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBING; 12-20-2007, 11:25 PM.
                Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

I don't know why you guys are all upset I am the one who ended up with a bidet as a gift!

I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

I actually think it is amusing...
                    The end result of this big fuss is that I am considering putting one in my house...
                    Just gotta find a nice looking one I can afford...LOL

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                      I don't know why you guys are all upset I am the one who ended up with a bidet as a gift!

Yea, but Dunbar and Garager are the only ones with the grapes to actually use it

Comment

Had a bunch of words,erased em.

One thing only.I don't like people trying to convince me of something so they can make money.

Comment

Agree 100% thats the definition of spam. If he would have posted a link to a site where he sold bidets I would have banned him. This was a weird one that was very close to spam. Decided to let it ride but closed the thread. I think everything that could have ever been said about bidets has been said so no this worked itself out in the end I think.

Josh

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                          Had a bunch of words,erased em.

One thing only.I don't like people trying to convince me of something so they can make money.

Comment

About 10 to 15 years back bidets we're all the rage around here. I think the rich folks saw them on this old house or something. For a while we were installing a pile of them and to be honest if I had the space I'd probably have one in my house. Then the whole craze sort of dropped off and I doubt we install two a year now. We have put in a couple of the bidet seats for elderly people and they seem to work ok so far. Is,nt it amazing all the wonderfull technological improvments in the last couple thousand years and we still hav'nt come up with anything better than the toilet or the p trap.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                              About 10 to 15 years back bidets we're all the rage around here. I think the rich folks saw them on this old house or something. For a while we were installing a pile of them and to be honest if I had the space I'd probably have one in my house. Then the whole craze sort of dropped off and I doubt we install two a year now. We have put in a couple of the bidet seats for elderly people and they seem to work ok so far. Is,nt it amazing all the wonderfull technological improvments in the last couple thousand years and we still hav'nt come up with anything better than the toilet or the p trap.
                              I almost cannot remember a custom home we built which did not have a bidet in the master bathroom. What use to really surprise me was the women who would want me to add one in their standard size bathroom of the existing home after they returned from a European vacation.

John Crapper III assumed people were not in favor of bidets because they were not educated in them. In truth what they were not in favor of was the tactics he was using and the fact he was less than forth coming.

Mark
                              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by Dunbar
                                That's called "guessing wrong on passing wind" I'm sure.
                                Reminds me of the old joke with the line: "Does gas have lumps?" IIRC, it had to do with little Johnny and the use of the word "definitely."

I think JC is very outspoken and excited about a product that opens another sales field for him. (And us.) And I'm sorry that he's been treated with such suspicion and derision. It isn't often that people go to such efforts to back up their claims.

Comment

Working...
                                X