Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: flushing out john crapper III

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
    About 10 to 15 years back bidets we're all the rage around here. I think the rich folks saw them on this old house or something. For a while we were installing a pile of them and to be honest if I had the space I'd probably have one in my house. Then the whole craze sort of dropped off and I doubt we install two a year now. We have put in a couple of the bidet seats for elderly people and they seem to work ok so far. Is,nt it amazing all the wonderfull technological improvments in the last couple thousand years and we still hav'nt come up with anything better than the toilet or the p trap.
    substitute tankless water heaters for bidet and wait and see

just like the good old solar days of the 70's. they will not be replaced.

unless plumbers start installing them correctly and there is actually an energy savings, these will fade off as soon as they find out they need to maintain them every year. i don't think 5% of the population maintains their tank heaters, or flushes them 2x a year. do you think they will maintain a tankless?

i know it's off topic, but it's my thread what else is new

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Hey.... let's all get into a fight over water less urinals.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
        Hey.... let's all get into a fight over water less urinals.
        No fight from me....you can have em....PEEEUUUUWWWW!

Comment

I can appreciate someone that has a passion for something but the bidet thread just got creepy.
          Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

maybe he just really likes things shooting up his a....................... oh never mind
            9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by Herk View Post
              I think JC is very outspoken and excited about a product that opens another sales field for him. (And us.) And I'm sorry that he's been treated with such suspicion and derision. It isn't often that people go to such efforts to back up their claims.
              Brings up something he said to me towards the end of the thread regarding something he claims I'd said to, or about, you.
              I never criticized you for your choice to have one.
              You've been in this biz since I was in high school, not to mention you're still lumping.
              That gets alot of respect in my book.
              What aroused my adverse reply was his tactics, as Utah Mark stated above.
              He attempted to twist my words to manipulate his agenda, one of a few reasons I didn't respond favorably.
              For what it's worth, you gave the argument MUCH more credibility once you stated your points.
              If he'd stopped going on, it might have been a different outcome for the thread.

Comment

I agree with Herk, I believe crapper got the raw deal. He is just in love with his new found way to wipe his butt and make extra income doing it.

Although I understand where everyone is coming from, thinking he is a spammer and has a hidden agenda, compare it to Rick with his K-60 OR Sharkbites. (sorry rick)

Everyone has something passionate that they love, crappers passion is in his bidets, nothing wrong with that, my wife is passionate with jeans and shoes, as you all know.

The guy actually has me thinking of trying one, maybe I can go over to Ricks and use his
                sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
                  maybe I can go over to Ricks and use his
                  NOPE! Rick sold it today
                  I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                    NOPE! Rick sold it today
                    actually i was at my buddies hardware store and he asked me what i knew about those toilet seats that wash you

i guess after 2 weeks of bidet talk, i knew it all i had him call joey and he was sold on it. i told him it's already gift wrapped minus a tiny rip where joey opened the wrapping, not the box.

by the way i sold it for exactly what i paid.

so now joey has 699.99 plus tax to go buy what she wants

any suggestions

it's been fun, but the parties over. just in time for christmas

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
                      Although I understand where everyone is coming from, thinking he is a spammer and has a hidden agenda, compare it to Rick with his K-60 OR Sharkbites. (sorry rick)

The guy actually has me thinking of trying one, maybe I can go over to Ricks and use his

big difference here robert. john came on for just 1 purpose. to promote bidets. he had no track record on the forum and no intent to talk about anything but bidets.

on the other hand, i have 3 years here, talk about just about everything and promote a product that this forum is sponsored by. i have absolutely nothing to gain by promoting the k-60 or any other product here. actually everybody that has tried the k-60 has positive remarks on it.

the more i talk about it, the more ridgid is going to listen to us. i asked for a stronger/ stiffer cable, ridgid is working on it

as far as shark bites, i seem to be one of the only ones here that has the guts to try it and use them on occasion. i am also 1 of the few regulars to use and promote the propress system

now as far as coming over to use our bidet, it's been sold today .

so as josh had mentioned, he is more than welcome to stick around and discuss everything, just no more constant bidet talk. he has something to gain, just not sure exactly what it is

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Robert,Sorry man.

I never have liked the modus operandi of the used car salesman.I earn my money with skills and hard work like most people on this forum.There are people in this world who make a living convincing people to use their money to by a Ron Popeil "Pocket Fisherman".There is enough room in this world for them.But you know I'm never going to make alot of money with my mouth.

Comment

WOW 41 posts. You guys that don't like us. No hard feelings from me. People have tried to insult us to our faces the same way. No big deal. The few people that we have helped will always make up for that.
                          The few people that say they might try one will always make up for that.
                          It's just another fixture we could be installing that can really help people.
                          Garager can't use his,and Dunbar may absolutly hate the thing, but thanks for trying it out.
                          If your still on the fence about trying one ,please read Yasuda's posts again. forget what Ken and I have to say. Yasuda has nore credability here then Ken or I. I understand that.
                          Saysflushable

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
                            WOW 41 posts. You guys that don't like us. No hard feelings from me. People have tried to insult us to our faces the same way.
                            Food for thought, it's not you thats disliked, it's your approach.
                            If people are outright confronting you in person about it you might want to consider how many don't bother and walk away annoyed.
                            Not good for the ole' word of mouth routine.
                            I for one would be happy to see you two on the forum talking about anything else but why I'm at fault for not using a bidet.
                            This forum is very neutral, I think it has a good deal of integrity which means we can openly discuss the truth about our trade without concern for what agenda or product might be affected.
                            Heck, look around and you'll see folks complaining about Ridgid products.
                            If this board became full of salesmen and product endorsements, well it just wouldn't be a professional tradesmans discussion forum anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Plumber_Rick
                              as far as shark bites, i seem to be one of the only ones here that has the guts to try it and use them on occasion.
                              I used one about a week ago. And I've started stocking them. I'm not always comfortable replacing a solid joint with something that depends on rubber, but I have to admit that in some cases they are an extreme time-saver.

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
                                Dunbar may absolutely hate the thing, but

I feel that I've been curteous waiting till after christmas to post my brief results so far.

I installed it friday or saturday night, last minute thing and only required a screwdriver. The unit I received is a BioBidet and is one of simplicity. Water wash and that's it.

I'll state for the record that I didn't squeal like a little girl when I used the unit. I realized first off that sitting on this unit in the correct way had me covering the control panel instantly....so I had to adjust.

The water temperature didn't affect me as I first thought....but then you don't need that much anyway. I'm assuming that the water lines leading from the toilet to the building wall is substantial, allowing room temperature water to do its thing. Now if someone flushed recently or water from the sink faucet or tub, shower was used, different story I'm sure.

The unit has the ability to deliver the amount of pressure to do the task, clean all the nooks and crannies like a Thomas's english muffin. Turn it on too hard and it will hurt/sting pretty bad. When you use it, it takes some adjusting on the seat, moving slightly to hit your targeted area or where you think needs it. So in the matters of surface area, this particular unit makes the user "move" slightly to acheive the full wash.

I expected water to shoot out between the toilet seat and bowl rim itself given the way it works but it never happened. The bracket for holding this on keeps the front of the seat raised until you sit on it, works like a spring board. I'm sure I could mount a foam bumper to the bottom side of the toilet seat but I feel it isn't necessary. Hard to see it is even raised.

The second and third time I used it, I had "soft stool syndrome" whereby you wipe numerous times and even though you done your best, the residual brings discomfort over the course of the day. Diet can do this, eating green christmas cookies to the point of passing out at your desk might have some bearing on this as well. Anyway, I felt this particular situation was perfect for this device to prove its effectiveness.

I used it, moved slightly to get the desired cleaning and it worked quite well. My posterior had the same feel, same physical sense of just getting out of the shower, the toilet paper confirmed that and the minutes/hours proceeding. Felt kinda strange since I knew that everywhere else on my body was not clean from the day's activities, but one specific area was in a sense, cleaner.

Using this device was a lot speedier and less time-consuming than stripping down to shower like I've done my entire life. I don't do baby wipes or those other treated towelletes because they're not going in the toilet, they would have to go in the wastebasket and that's not going to happen. Worse case scenario is using a wet warm washrag numerous times to solve the problem which can be the only answer to a certain type of bowel movement.

Will I continue to use it? Yes

Would I recommend it to others? Yes

Would I try to sell it or try to "convince" others to use it? No

Do I feel cleaner in direct result of using it? Yes

Does this resolve that "issue" of the constant wiping scenario? Yes

Does it compliment a bathroom and its functionality? Yes

Does it help those that are disabled or have physically limitating issues? Yes

Will this be a product that everyone will flock to? No

Is its use controversial since it borders such a sensitive subject? Yes

Will it reduce toilet paper usage? Yes

Do I think men and women should use it equally? Yes

Did I own one of these units before I was given one for free? No

Am I getting paid for this trial and error time span? No

Do I think others should give it a fair shot, sample the product? Yes

Do I care if anyone besides myself uses this product? No

I gave my word to saysflushable that I would give my true, factual account of its use whether it went positive or negative since he afforded me its use. I told him I'd grant permission to quote me in respect to any future endeavors if he so chooses to as long as my words/statements are not misrepresented.

I'm certainly not either one of these fellows with the agenda to bring bidets into the market, I'm just one person who tried the product and accepted its ability to perform its function.

One problem which I feel should be incorporated into this unit is backflow prevention, providing that the device is mounted below the flood level rim it serves and poses a potential backflow situation that gauges to moderate in the 3 classifications of hazard regarding potable water protection.

The unit I received actually was leaking initially, stopped after the second use as I feel dirt/debri in the valve seat was to blame. I'm a licensed backflow tester in my state and I believe it should have some type of backflow protection...

but then again so should a blow-up sack or blow up drainage bladder (black rubber type) which none exist which directly ties potable water to a known contaminate.

I was impressed in how little water remains on the lower regions of your body after the use of one of these, thinking it would require a lot of toilet paper to wipe the wetness. This device could serve two purposes, one provide sanitary use and the second, allow for less toilet paper in the drainage system along with the disposal of toilet paper in a nearby wastebasket without the sightly smell or look. <<< This is a common scenario with property owners with failing septic systems, drainage lines notorious for blockages.

Take my experience for what it's worth. Doesn't matter if you believe me or not, don't really care. I care more about why they stopped selling the whopper at burger king.
                                Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBING; 12-26-2007, 12:13 AM.
                                Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Working...
                                X