Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: flushing out john crapper III

dunbar, a little too much information

as far as those blow bags. the hose bibb should have a backflow preventer on it.

and you're correct any plumbing device that can come into or be placed into a position of back siphonage, would need to have a backflow device installed or incorporated into it.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post

Will I continue to use it? Yes

Would I recommend it to others? Yes

Would I try to sell it or try to "convince" others to use it? No

Do I feel cleaner in direct result of using it? Yes

Does this resolve that "issue" of the constant wiping scenario? Yes

Does it compliment a bathroom and its functionality? Yes

Does it help those that are disabled or have physically limitating issues? Yes

Will this be a product that everyone will flock to? No

Is its use controversial since it borders such a sensitive subject? Yes

Will it reduce toilet paper usage? Yes

Do I think men and women should use it equally? Yes

Did I own one of these units before I was given one for free? No

Am I getting paid for this trial and error time span? No

Do I think others should give it a fair shot, sample the product? Yes

Do I care if anyone besides myself uses this product? No

I gave my word to saysflushable that I would give my true, factual account of its use whether it went positive or negative since he afforded me its use.
      Thanks for giving one a try Dunbar.
      I believe that as long as plumbers are knowledgable about seat mount bidets, the chances of helping old and handycap people will increase.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
        Food for thought, it's not you thats disliked, it's your approach.
        If people are outright confronting you in person about it you might want to consider how many don't bother and walk away annoyed.
        Not good for the ole' word of mouth routine.
        I for one would be happy to see you two on the forum talking about anything else but why I'm at fault for not using a bidet.
        This forum is very neutral, I think it has a good deal of integrity which means we can openly discuss the truth about our trade without concern for what agenda or product might be affected.
        Heck, look around and you'll see folks complaining about Ridgid products.
        If this board became full of salesmen and product endorsements, well it just wouldn't be a professional tradesmans discussion forum anymore.
        I think Duck sums up the feeling towards you pretty well, or at least mine anyway.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Dunbar, that was open & honest.
          I have one simple question:
          Does this unit do anything a moistened piece of paper couldn't?

Comment

Dunbar, that was open & honest.
            I have one simple question:
            Does this unit do anything a moistened piece of paper couldn't?

Yes.

It gives the ability of someone with limited physical abilities, especially in the morning from using your hand in a firm motion to wipe vigorously to remove excremate from the anal/genital region. This isn't limited to just the morning, some people with a fused lower lumbar vertebrae have a great deal of trouble. Wiping from the front would be ideal if there wasn't a bowling bag in the way. Okay coin purse but you get the point.

With moistened toilet paper to be effective in this procedure you have to reel a good amount off the roll, wobble to your sink or tub to wet it. My vanity is 6' away and I wouldn't dare use the water in the bowl, let alone go through the effort to remove the tank lid and use it from there. Of course I could be prepared but I don't know what kind of ice cream is coming out until it happens, usually without warning at times. Could be hard ice cream with little or no residue or it could be the ice cream left out on the table for 3 hours, runny.

Making the move in the dirty position from the toilet to the vanity, back again will have the dog licking the floor like it's vitamin water. I don't want this to happen. Since a wadded amount of toilet paper would be a higher probability of a clog, the majority will either take their chances and flush, or send it to the wastebasket.

Given the choice, I'd use the warm washrag before the attempt with the toilet paper. Better chance that you complete the job without getting it running down your legs or under your fingernails by tearing the paper.

For some reason, cinnamon rolls sound really good all of a sudden. ???

(licks icing off fingers)
            Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

For some reason, cinnamon rolls sound really good all of a sudden. ???

(licks icing off fingers)
              I feel like I just watched open heart surgery.
              No doubt about it, you're a plumber.

Comment

Of course I could be prepared but I don't know what kind of ice cream is coming out until it happens, usually without warning at times. Could be hard ice cream with little or no residue or it could be the ice cream left out on the table for 3 hours, runny.

well you just ruined the bowl of ice cream i was just eating, i hope your happy with your self
                9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

We need to find a way to put up graphic warning signs on some of Dunbar's post

I think I just had a mini throw up

I'm curious as to how much water you think this procedure uses and how long it takes

Comment

Dunbar,
                    Now this is the kind of stuff that will flush me out. I have been enjoying everyone's posts. Merry Christmas to one and all.

O.K. I haven't talked to saysflushable about this, but from the product evaluation you gave on the bb-50, I would like to nominate you as the official product tester for toilet seat bidets.

We are currently looking at several washlet knock offs and are having a difficult time detemining what units work best for the money.

I just found this on the internet for back flow, what do you guys think about it? There wasn't any brand name listed, is there a better one out there.
                    Inline Backflow Prevention Valve List Price: $29.95
                    Our Price: $19.95
                    You Save $10.00!
                    Have a great New Year!

Comment

Originally posted by John Crapper III View Post

I just found this on the internet for back flow, what do you guys think about it? There wasn't any brand name listed, is there a better one out there.
                      Inline Backflow Prevention Valve List Price: $29.95
                      Our Price: $19.95
                      You Save $10.00!
                      Have a great New Year!
                      I don't know I guess it depends on whether it's listed and if so by who.

Mark
                      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                        I'm curious as to how much water you think this procedure uses and how long it takes

Don't know for sure, it's definitely less than a gallon and there's no way to gauge when you're actually clean. It's a guess at best.

If you use it for 30 seconds, move around a couple times....it's safe to say you've got mission accomplished.

The head doesn't have a gpm flow rating since it doesn't have an aerator.

I don't think it would be as effective without the hard jetting spray.

I can't see it equating to a difference on the water bill.

Comment

Careful what you say or you could be living in a VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER!!
                          Great schit.
                          God rest his soul.

Boy, I sure do hope this thread doesn't become another infomercial.

Comment

Great schit.
                            God rest his soul.

Boy, I sure do hope this thread doesn't become another infomercial.

You and me both, I'll exit the thread completely if it does.

I loved watching SNL in its best years when farley and the others came into full speed. Don't know all the names but for a guy who likes staying home on a saturday night, the skits on that show depending on the guest host was hilarious.

Many times I've laughed so hard I urinated on myself watching that show, bringing tears to my eyes. Didn't need alcohol to have a good time. Funny thing is, I don't make a habit out of watching Comedy Central at all.

Comment

Great video from John Crapper III. This is no bs, Al Nippon is the launch customer for Boeing's 787. They ordered 50 as the first customer. Both Al Nipon and Boeing engineers are fitting each jet with bidets. Al Nippon is trying to lure customers from JAL with bidets.

Comment

and yet i think i will still continue to use the 3 sea shells.....
                                9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Working...
                                X