Reel gud plumming

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Reel gud plumming

Gawd, don't you guys know anyting? That's called a confusulator. It's installed so that the opposing wastes come together, mix and aerate before finally discharging into the drain. The desankos insure that the entire unit can spin around 360 degrees to absorb the shock. We need more excellent plumbing like this. It keeps us busy
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
      Are you guys messing with duck? I can see the picture fine. It's not the clearest but I can tell what everything is.
      Yes-Sorry Duck
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
        Gawd, don't you guys know anyting? That's called a confusulator. It's installed so that the opposing wastes come together, mix and aerate before finally discharging into the drain. The desankos insure that the entire unit can spin around 360 degrees to absorb the shock. We need more excellent plumbing like this. It keeps us busy
        Ahhhh...somebody knows his stuff!
        Comes in handy along with the Q-39 iridium Space modulator.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
          Yes-Sorry Duck
          Now, go to your room and think about what you've done....

Comment

thanks for sharing, I wish we had more drum traps with slip joint nuts out here, busier, busier, busier, yes we would be

sigpic

Robert

Comment

Yasuda,
              A desanco is a fitting that is threaded male or female IPS on it's one side to to screw in or on cast,gal or copper adapter,it's other side is compression thread and comes with a ferrule and compression almost like slip nut.
              It's used to convert from waste rough piping to tubular pipe size.Most of the time 1-1/2.

Comment

Careful DuckButter
                Next they may want to know the origins of the Estabrook fitting
                Mike

Comment

Student asked me the difference between a Desanko and a male adaptor. About 90 cents. So what's a trap adaptor?
                  I love plumbing terms, its a language all it's own.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tyman View Post
                    Yasudaplumbing, I know what you mean about Desanko's. When I go to the big city, all the plumbers call trap adapters Desanko's. It is the same concept as calling a circular saw a Skil saw or slip joint pliers called Channellocks. Desanko's generally to me are brass trap adapters commonly used to transition from galvanized or copper pipe.

Here is a link:http://www.fwwebb.com/pdf/2003pasco/pas_b-23-b-24.pdf
                    Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                    Yasuda,
                    A desanco is a fitting that is threaded male or female IPS on it's one side to to screw in or on cast,gal or copper adapter,it's other side is compression thread and comes with a ferrule and compression almost like slip nut.
                    It's used to convert from waste rough piping to tubular pipe size.Most of the time 1-1/2.
                    Thanks for the info guys.

Now that you mention it, I have seen guys use them here on the end of an 1 1/2" galvanized pipe for sinks. I'm thinking to myself WTF for? When all they had to do was slip the trap arm into the Galv. pipe and tighten the slip joint nut w/ washer.

Makes perfect sense for a Female Galv. fitting and Copper DWV. To me it is pointless to manufacture a brass adapter for the end of a threaded pipe.

Tracy

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                      Yasuda,
                      This is a major difference with our code, we only use tubular on tailpieces - 17 gauge min.
                      Sched 15, 20 traps ("dollhouse" traps we call them)..we aren't allowed to use.
                      Geesh...now I understand why the term Desanco is so unfamiliar to you guys.
                      We use all sched 40, a Desanco is basically a sched 40 trap adapter...made to glue onto PVC or sweat onto copper/brass...the threads on a Desanco are IPS/NPT...NHMaster is right..same thing as a PVC or Brass adaptor except it has a washer and slip nut.

Comment

'round these parts we call them Marvel adapters

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                          'round these parts we call them Marvel adapters
                          On another forum I was engaged in a "Who's on first" discussion on adapting PVC to copper stubs.
                          Guy kept saying Marvel adapter and I thought he meant no-hub coupling.
                          We call them Scully adaptors here.
                          He couldn't understand why I was saying a Marvel adaper looks alot uglier and more cumbersome over a Scully.

Comment

We call 'em "Trap Adapters" over here, whether its ABS, PVC, or Copper DWV.

For 1 1/4" & 1 1/2" galv. threaded pipe ends, we don't bother using any type of "Desanco" or "Marvel" brass fitting.

BTW, some of the male adapters have a smaller I.D. than the trap adapters, not allowing your trap arm to slide in. I found this out the hard way.........after i glued it on.

Tracy
                            Last edited by yasudaplumbing; 12-30-2007, 09:33 PM.

Comment

"Who's on first?"
                              LOL
                              We don't use galvy for a thing, not even gas.

Comment

You guys don't use galvy?

How do you stub out for a lav/kitchen drain from a 2" NH Sanitary tap tee?

or you don't use NH CI?

Tracy

Comment

Working...
                                X