Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Reel gud plumming Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Re: Reel gud plumming

    PVC to copper DWV we call Mission Band Coupling

    Are you trying to goad me into asking for a "dollhouse" trap at Fergusons so everyone will laugh at me?

    Nope! not gunna fall for that

    Comment


    • #32
      Re: Reel gud plumming

      Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
      This is a major difference with our code, we only use tubular on tailpieces - 17 gauge min.
      Sched 15, 20 traps ("dollhouse" traps we call them)..we aren't allowed to use.
      Geesh...now I understand why the term Desanco is so unfamiliar to you guys.
      We use all sched 40, a Desanco is basically a sched 40 trap adapter...made to glue onto PVC or sweat onto copper/brass...the threads on a Desanco are IPS/NPT...NHMaster is right..same thing as a PVC or Brass adaptor except it has a washer and slip nut.
      If I go into my supply house and ask for a pvc trap adapter I get a pvc Sxm.i.p. adapter with a slip nut and washer.If I ask for a Desanco they ask me "male or female" then I get a brass only mip/fip x mip with a ferrule(not a slip washer) and a brass nut.I'm right,I live in California,I'm always right.Look at my governor,he's bigger than yours.

      Comment


      • #33
        Re: Reel gud plumming

        Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
        If I go into my supply house and ask for a pvc trap adapter I get a pvc Sxm.i.p. adapter with a slip nut and washer.If I ask for a Desanco they ask me "male or female" then I get a brass only mip/fip x mip with a ferrule(not a slip washer) and a brass nut.I'm right,I live in California,I'm always right.Look at my governor,he's bigger than yours.
        You
        ain't right.
        Just ain't right.

        Comment


        • #34
          Re: Reel gud plumming

          Originally posted by yasudaplumbing View Post
          You guys don't use galvy?

          How do you stub out for a lav/kitchen drain from a 2" NH Sanitary tap tee?

          or you don't use NH CI?

          Tracy
          Brass or PVC female adapter...any old (and I mean real old) galvy we come across we remove as much as possible.
          Always a good time turning that crap outta old CI, makes for a great workout and loads of mumbling fun to be had for both you, and the customer who looks on.
          It was all the rage some 50+ years ago.
          I see it all the time inside the Boston metro area in the older houses, usually like you said, connected to CI tapped tee wye's.

          Comment


          • #35
            Re: Reel gud plumming

            Oh, and yes..we use NH...the only time we use hubs is underground, usually with resilient gaskets.
            There are several instances where we use Lead/oakum on our CI, but most NH above and HUB below.
            Also, I prefer 4 band on all drainage, our code allows 2, but I don't trust it.
            Though I suppose I would if I were bidding a large commercial job.
            CI or copper are only required on commercial, PVC is about all we use on residential, except high where the customer will pay for the noise reduction.

            Comment


            • #36
              Re: Reel gud plumming

              Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
              If I go into my supply house and ask for a pvc trap adapter I get a pvc Sxm.i.p. adapter with a slip nut and washer.If I ask for a Desanco they ask me "male or female" then I get a brass only mip/fip x mip with a ferrule(not a slip washer) and a brass nut.I'm right,I live in California,I'm always right.Look at my governor,he's bigger than yours.
              Oh Yah?! Well our Governor is way more handsome than yours ---> Hawaii Governer


              Hey, don't laugh......I didn't vote for him, er, I mean her.

              Bear with me, I got a dumb question.......What is the purpose of a female FIP "Desanco" Fitting?

              Aren't you just adding a section of MIP on to your existing MIP?

              What is the reason for an 1 1/2" brass ferrule for a drain?

              OK, make that 3 dumb questions.

              Tracy
              sigpic.................I Love My Toto Bidet :twofinger2: :twofinger:

              Comment


              • #37
                Re: Reel gud plumming

                Drum traps are non-existent in my area, even though the big box stores sell them as a repair/replacement item.

                I'm glad they didn't get put in as they are almost impossible to maneuver a cable through.....especially if it's covered up.
                Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

                Comment


                • #38
                  Re: Reel gud plumming

                  Can someone just walk to their truck and take a picture of one of these?
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Re: Reel gud plumming

                    Up till a couple years ago the state of Maine "required" drum traps on all lavs. They actually ammended the upc to say just that. Had to do with a diamond ring lost byt eh governors wife from what they say.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Re: Reel gud plumming

                      Originally posted by yasudaplumbing View Post
                      Oh Yah?! Well our Governor is way more handsome than yours ---> Hawaii Governer


                      Hey, don't laugh......I didn't vote for him, er, I mean her.

                      Bear with me, I got a dumb question.......What is the purpose of a female FIP "Desanco" Fitting?

                      Aren't you just adding a section of MIP on to your existing MIP?

                      What is the reason for an 1 1/2" brass ferrule for a drain?

                      OK, make that 3 dumb questions.

                      Tracy
                      If you remember we have a member with a snake caught up in his pipe where the pipe tranitions 4" to 6".This possibly happened because during instalation the 4" pipe was just shoved deep into 6".That void is the same from tubular to I.P.S..ToUtahNow has mentioned how bushings in a waste system are unsanitary because they disrupt continuous flow and cannot provide self cleaning properties required by our codes.

                      Long story longer?
                      Some of the sharper inspectors walking final will pull the box escutcheon back and check for the desanco.To make sure the plumber doesn't just shove the trap wild into the back of the throat of a cast iron tapped san-tee.

                      Our desancos are supposed to have stops in them.The ferrule bites the tubular and holds.You only have about a 1/2" of tubular in the fitting,slip nut washer is slipping all over the place.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Re: Reel gud plumming

                        Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                        Can someone just walk to their truck and take a picture of one of these?
                        Ben,just google desanco.It comes right up on the "watts" website.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Re: Reel gud plumming

                          Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                          If you remember we have a member with a snake caught up in his pipe where the pipe tranitions 4" to 6".This possibly happened because during instalation the 4" pipe was just shoved deep into 6".That void is the same from tubular to I.P.S..ToUtahNow has mentioned how bushings in a waste system are unsanitary because they disrupt continuous flow and cannot provide self cleaning properties required by our codes.

                          Long story longer?
                          Some of the sharper inspectors walking final will pull the box escutcheon back and check for the desanco.To make sure the plumber doesn't just shove the trap wild into the back of the throat of a cast iron tapped san-tee.

                          Our desancos are supposed to have stops in them.The ferrule bites the tubular and holds.You only have about a 1/2" of tubular in the fitting,slip nut washer is slipping all over the place.
                          OIC.

                          Thanks for the info.

                          Tracy
                          sigpic.................I Love My Toto Bidet :twofinger2: :twofinger:

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Re: Reel gud plumming

                            Relative to Adams statement.
                            Any time I get a clogged lav, the first place I look is the trap...so often there's a small long object that gets stuck where the homeowner or handyman leaves way too much tailpiece inside the trap and drastically reduces the radius for things like hair pins or Q-tips to pass.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Re: Reel gud plumming

                              Just got back from a razor phone stuck in da toilet that a closet auger won't break free.

                              Toilet clogged significantly at the same time the phone was lost, guy is not pissed at the situation....


                              he's pissed his wife won't own up to the incident that it went into the toilet.

                              A now expensive trick since the phone was a couple hundred, my charge today without result was $85, the brand new toilet is a couple hundred and probably 6-10 hours possibly replacing this toilet for the first time.


                              6-10 hours is a safe bet if you figure out the time with me today, the trip to get the toilet, and all the fun inbetween.
                              Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Re: Reel gud plumming

                                Well since were drifting.... and someone was bragging about their governor being bigger, here is my governor.
                                I think my man Mitch can shuck more corn than Arnold, so top that.
                                Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X