Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Reel gud plumming

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
    A now expensive trick since the phone was a couple hundred, my charge today without result was $85, the brand new toilet is a couple hundred and probably 6-10 hours possibly replacing this toilet for the first time.

6-10 hours is a safe bet if you figure out the time with me today, the trip to get the toilet, and all the fun inbetween.
    dunbar, is that 6/10 of an hour =36 minutes or 360-600 minutes

what are you doing. eating and sticking around to test it for real.

the worse scenario for me is 1.5 hours and that's upstairs with carpeted floors and i have to cut the tack strip and carpeting to fit.

please explain the 6 to 10 hours as i hope you were just kidding. or flat rate.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I questioned it too at first, but think he did explain Rick; he charges for travel time to get the toilet and get it on site. Traffic must be awful. Is the porcelain broken? Why can't you just flip it over and shove it out the way it went in?
      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyman View Post
        Well since were drifting.... and someone was bragging about their governor being bigger, here is my governor.
        I think my man Mitch can shuck more corn than Arnold, so top that.
        I don't think I can.He looks like one corn shuckin' fool

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          dunbar, is that 6/10 of an hour =36 minutes or 360-600 minutes

what are you doing. eating and sticking around to test it for real.

the worse scenario for me is 1.5 hours and that's upstairs with carpeted floors and i have to cut the tack strip and carpeting to fit.

please explain the 6 to 10 hours as i hope you were just kidding. or flat rate.

rick.
          At 6-10 hours he must be buying raw porcelain and building the new one by himself.

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
            At 6-10 hours he must be buying raw porcelain and building the new one by himself.

Mark

LOL!!!

Well.......

Before I left, he told me he's never replaced a toilet before....but he's seen pictures on the internet.

Kinda see where I'm coming from now?

He was very unsure of himself, he knows that paying a plumber will just pile on the already mounting tab.

For me with the toilet in box right there next to the old one, 1.25 tops and that's me taking no stride in working fast. Just casual, talking away to the customer while I replace it. I shoot for $150 on the labor if I can, sometimes I work too fast and it hovers around a buck thirty.
            Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
              I questioned it too at first, but think he did explain Rick; he charges for travel time to get the toilet and get it on site. Traffic must be awful. Is the porcelain broken? Why can't you just flip it over and shove it out the way it went in?

I told him he could do that, take the toilet up and try to push it in reverse back out but I told him for his effort and the age of the toilet, get a new one. Knowing him though I know he's not going to buy a closet auger.

I'm sure I hard jammed that cell phone in there to the point of no return. He just didn't want to pay me for the effort to pull the toilet and possibly not get it out.

I could go into detail but this guy was whittling me like wood from the go. Wanted set prices for everything I did involving the trial and error and I was like......I gotta go!

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                LOL!!!

Well.......

Before I left, he told me he's never replaced a toilet before....but he's seen pictures on the internet.

Kinda see where I'm coming from now?

He was very unsure of himself, he knows that paying a plumber will just pile on the already mounting tab.

For me with the toilet in box right there next to the old one, 1.25 tops and that's me taking no stride in working fast. Just casual, talking away to the customer while I replace it. I shoot for $150 on the labor if I can, sometimes I work too fast and it hovers around a buck thirty.
                Wow that's better I thought you were saying it would take you 6-10 hours for the change out.

Mark
                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                  Wow that's better I thought you were saying it would take you 6-10 hours for the change out.

Mark

I was referring to this fellow figuring all involved with his future task at hand.

There's a neighbor on my street that got made fun of for trying to do his own plumbing,

took him 9 hours to set a toilet and still had to call a plumber to get it to stop leaking.

Comment

The title of this thread cracks me up. I know NOTHING about plumbing but I admire anyone who can get the drains flowing. Question I have it whether the guy with the lost Razor phone gets another Razor or upgrades to something even more expensive that his wife will toss down the crapper. Anybody calling the guy on his phone right now is truly getting the sound like he's at the bottom of a well...
                    I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

well, we are drifting, and mightily, so... razor's are now $50 at my local verizon store after rebate. they have very good reception, which makes them valuable in this area as it is sketchy coverage around here. I personally advocate my junky LG for anyone in this business; it fell out my pocket, while on, into 4" of black nasty water in a clogged mop sink I was working on. I didn't notice until I poped the clog and there was a lump in the 1/2" of cast iron, sand etc. I washed it off right there (nothing to lose) pulled the battery out and left it on the dash for the rest of the day. works to this day.
                      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
                      X