X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fight for your Brand!

Ok, with JCIII laying low and Fronty's water heater an apparent success, I think we need a new thread to start the new year off with some real passion. The drum vs. section debate lumbers on, and jetters vs. snake will sometimes get a little rise. Pex vs. copper, propress, sharkbite, PVC vs. ABS... it's all been done and there's not a lot of fire left there. But one debate can never get old, so.....

Who makes the best van.
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Re: Fight for your Brand!

P.S. For the record I'll go first; I love my GMC Savana.
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

2007 Chevy Express...Love it
      The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

I'm rather fond of my Lincoln Blackwood.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
          I'm rather fond of my Lincoln Blackwood.

Mark

I had to look it up; I'd never heard of it. Lincoln makes a pickup...who'da thunk.

I've been anti-Ford for a while now. I had a few of them as I used to do fleet maintenance work at a place that was all Fords and got very comfortable working on them. Then I realized how OFTEN I was working on them. Bought a 98 GMC a year ago when the trans gave up on the old Ford I had. I love it, especially the extra wide opening back doors.

Last week my employee wrecked the older GMC (83) I had so I had to get something quick. I am driving on bananna skins, but I bought him 4 new studded snows and he still wrecked it. $600 of tires that now fit nothing I have.

I swore no more Fords, but I bought an 01 E250 as it was what I could find in a hurry for what I had to spend. This one makes or breaks the brand for me. It's a van. I like the GMC better. The Ford is way light in the back end; slides all over the place in the snow. Some more weight in the back will help when I get all the equip transferred. I hope that'll be enough but I think it'll need rubber too; the tires are newish but not the most agressive. Anyone else in the snow tried a locker? That might be the ticket for the unplowed second homes I have to go to.

Comment

i was born and raised a ford man just bought an 07 e350 with a 6.0 powerstroke i love. i also still have a 89 e350 box van (uhaul) with a 7.3 diesel w over 300,000 still runs like a top
            Mike
            Clark County Plumbing And Drain
            www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Comment

I'm a Toyota man. They make the best american made truck. Hate fords. Henry Ford was a Nazi and they just closed down the F150 norfolk plant even though it had the highest quality produced trucks. The new Tundra's are going to put a hurt on the big 3.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Work gave me a 04 Chevy 2500 with the 4.8L engine. It does good in snow and generally I like it except for the tinny doors and I have had to remount the handle assembly twice on the back door. The engine severely lacks in power with the a/c on. All of the Chevy vans have the same issues at work, fuel pumps go out around 60,000 miles, & brake issues.

I own a 05 Ford E-350 with the 5.4L, light in the back end but the monster has some serious power with less body lean. I like it, but it's nothing to write home about.

So, in my opinion, I am not really impressed with either make. I do believe each manufacture has made great strides in quality. I considered the Sprinter but due to the electrical problems people were having I decided to pass for now, but I believe their body style is conducive to service plumbing.

I am also a Toyota guy!
                Last edited by Tyman; 01-01-2008, 10:46 AM.
                Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Chevy Express Van for me too!

I find the Fords lacking syle and elegance, but I like my F-150

One thing about the Chevy though, the hinge stops are not very strong. Any little gust of wind and the door slams me in the

Comment

The Lincoln Blackwood is a bit of a weird bird in that they were going to limit production to 40,000 across 4 years and then stop. Because of production costs they only made 2,300 of them in 2003 and then stopped production.

As far as work trucks we had Chevy, Fords and Isuzus (Gas & Diesel models). None of our trucks had factory bodies so the weight was more what we made them. The Fords were good for 300,000 miles the Chevy's for 150,000 and the Isuzus about 150,000 with the Gas and 300,000 with the Diesel. This of course was with employee miles so there may have been some abuse as well. In defense of the GM motors in the Isuzus I believe it had more to do with poorly matched CI (350) versus weight.

Mark
                    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

If anyoen can ever solve the ford vs chevy debate they could also bring peace to the middle east.

I see company trucks as aboused and neglected....sooo Im amazaed when any brand holds up.

Personal cars...own 2 trauses, 1 metro and a nissan ...my 17yr old just walking towards any of them with keys in her hand makes all of them cringe with fear.

Worse car I've ever owned was several years ago I purchased my dream car a Mercedes-Benze I always wanted one...talk about disapointment...like dateing a super modle only to find out she is a he...car lived in the shop....and every part was gold plated and installed by vergins kept in a specail place to install these parts....or at least thats the way the bill seemed to me.....

Comment

I love my job!!

Dodge 1500 long bed,5.2 under the hood.

No rack,no tool box.

100+mph(if needed for bursts) up the grade that has the VAN over there in the slow lane slaving to do 45

Light,quick.To weave through the non-compliant drivers in the lanes farthest to the left
                        Gets me into any parking garage as close to the elevators that have spots open.
                        Nothing to tempt thieves.
                        $15.00 for an eighty mile loop.

It showed me how to make more money with our new future(gas,traffic,travel)
                        Last edited by drtyhands; 01-01-2008, 01:03 PM.

Comment

I`ll take what ever gets me from point A to point B but it has to come from GM
                          http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Chevy 1500, 4.3 with cap.
                            If I could drive a 4 cyl. 2 liter, I would.
                            Most guys I know in my trade want F350's or 3500's with crew cabs because they need to know they can haul that 600lb boiler when the time calls for it.
                            Driving hundreds of miles in any given week makes you think twice about gas prices and a half ton is 1,000 lbs....plenty for tools and any boiler/water heater I install.
                            I always preferred Chevy over Ford, maybe it's a familiarity thing, maybe it's a choice in quality.

Comment

got an '05 express. big van, good room, shitty gas mileage, a pain to park sometimes, but got it for a good price and will keep it until the lease runs out, and maybe beyond

steve
                              In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X