Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hey guys.

Two thoughts
    1 I am glad you are rethinking the toy gun idea.
    2 Maybe I am missing it, but I'm not noticing any venting in that photo. Also, it looks like the ends of the PVC are taped up instead of having caps or plugs installed. Did this have to be pressure tested for the inspection?

Comment

aaron i used to do a lot of work in dc and baltimore and bringing another gun into the area is not the answer, also it is much easier to lose a few dollars or tools, then it is to lose years of your life for carrying a gun by going to jail or worse loseing your life because some one pulls out a 9mm against your .177cal, when you turn 18 buy your self a rifle(hmr17 or a 22) go to a range and get some training on proper weapon use, then once you have it leave your guns at home, and after a stressfull day go to the range and have it but please arron, as the song goes.... "don't take your guns to town."
      9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

i agree. nix the toy

my daddy taught me a firearm is not a toy. never aim unless you are ready to pull the trigger and if you pull the trigger you better be ready to kill.

get a chemical spray (pepper, mace, etc) but use it carefully..no matter what you do "situational awaredness" is your best friend. if you don't feel comfortable, don't go.

steve
        In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

You are building your reputation with your customers and other plumbers. The last thing I would want people to associate me with is "That plumber that carries a BB gun." I think you are wise to leave it at home.

Their have been two occasions when I have had to call for some help due to a unsavory situation. On the the one job we turned off the water and had the toilet pulled and went to get some lunch. When we returned, we were working in the bathroom, I turned around and saw the owner with only his underwear on starring at us. I told him to go put some clothes on and he did. Scared the hell out of me though to turn around and have a hairy man ape starring at me in a wanting, creepy way.
          Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron91 View Post
            Well I guess I'll take it outta the truck then due to all your suggestion's and become a sitting duck.
            You're only a sitting duck if you make yourself out to be one. Just keep your head on a swivel and don't let anyone walk up on you. Make eye contact with every thug that stares back at you and don't let them see that you are scared. Attitude will gain you respect. Shave your head and give them the stink eye. They will move on.

There are certain areas of D.C. that are just as bad as Baltimore. I won't go there alone and neither should you. Those homies up there don't play around. I've had my wallet taken at gunpoint and nearly crapped myself. If I had a gun with me I would have pulled it and been dead on the sidewalk at 23 years old. They only want your money or tools. If they have the upper hand let it go. Pulling a BB gun will only piss them off.

During the crack craze here in the 90's several of our trucks had bullets holes in them. It's much better now. They only throw rocks at my van when I go in the hood. It's because I'm white and I have a job.<<<---that statement came from 2 teenage boys that were caught by police.

Comment

Dude I feel you about not such nice places. A few words that where stated.

1. THE ATTITUDE who are you screw you.
              2. Look around know what's and who you are around.
              3. Beware and stay Aware
              4. Think like a bad guy would you rip you off lose the bling carry you cash in two spots.
              5. If it don't feel right don't do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron91 View Post
                Well I guess I'll take it outta the truck then due to all your suggestion's and become a sitting duck.
                That will be the best thing in your life that you ever do!!!!! Cant fight crime with a TOY!!!!!

Ditch the toy as it will get you killed real quick!!!!

I`m from the "OG" and I`m telling you, that will get you capped real quick.

"If they want to rob you give up what ever they want and live to replace it"

The best thing is learn about where you are working and if it`s not safe move on because no amount of money is worth your life.
                Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 01-02-2008, 11:11 PM.
                http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Wow, I can't fathom the idea of having to carry a gun to work...Though I have been accosted by the homeless in the coffee lineup , haha
                  West Trail Mechanical Ltd
                  Service. Commitment. Expertise.

www.westtrailmechanical.ca

Comment

Here in TX we can carry-I don't. If your being told to work where you feeyou need a piece GET OUT !
                    www.paradiseplumbinganddrains.com

plumber ft. worth dallas plumber fort worth plumber plumber arlington

Comment

A ,

Most of us have worked in places like that of which you speak .

CRACK ,,, We've shuffled up some of the same D.C. streets .

DUMP THE TOY !!! Trust me on this one .You walk out to your van and a couple of guys are cleaning you out ,,,, Get your cell out and try the cops ,,,, IF YOU ENGAGE THEM IN CONFRONTATION ,,, YOU COULD GET DEAD REAL QUICK !

You seem to have A BRIGHT future ! Don't screw with it .

CPlumb

Comment

I was in Baltimore to visit a friend. She lived on a park, ok neighborhood on 2 sides, ok on third for a couple blocks, DON'T go off the other side. I went for a walk and got turned around, went out wrong side. Scariest situation I've ever been in. Decided a 180 would made me look like a target... I was a block and a half in before I figured out what I'd done and didn't want to walk past those stares again when they'd had time to think about it. Finished the block, walked a block left, walked back to the park. One guy asked if I was a cop, like (as if I hadn't figured it out) I'd be a fool to be there if I wasn't. Gave him a look and kept walking, heart in throat. Just don't have desparate people here. Can't imagine living like that. Agree with all, the bb gun will get you killed or arrested for no reason in a circumstance where there is no danger, and won't help if you were to need help. Showing those guys a gun would have just set them off. I 'd have been back in a corner with my bb gun trying to get 911 on the phone while they are figuring out its not for real and neither am I. Don't go into those areas. Just turn the job down. There is plenty of work elsewhere. Don't get shot over a van and a wallet.
                        This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
                        X