Hey guys.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys.

Hey guys, how's it going? I hope everyone had a good Christmas and a Good New Years as well.

I don't work there often, but lately I've been working in Baltimore City. I can't remember the numbers, but it's one of the deadliest cities in the country. I have thought it out greatly, and decided to carry this on me when I work there. I've already thought out the whole law end of it as well. But the bottom line is, if it comes to me pulling this out, it won't be to wave Hello to the mail man. I know it's not a real gun, but 1. I'm only 16 and can't get a real gun yet, and 2. from what I understand it's fairly hard to get a concealed weapons permit in Maryland.

Do any of you carry protection on you when working in rough area's?

I haven't been able to show ya guys any of my work lately, so here's a picture of some commerical ground work I just completed. It passed inspection the first time around.

So I was putting a new cartridge in and repairing a leak in this guys house when he starts talking about my Ridgid hat. Well we start talking and he works for Viega, and we bullshit for quite some time. He offers me 2 Viega hats, and a Ridgid calendar. He then hears the price of the bill and gives me hats for all the guys at the company and 2 calendars for the 2 head guys at the company. Talk about an early Christmas!

Check this out. I was installing a gas line for a generator and noticed this. I like to take a look at other plumbers work and learn what I can from it. This house was a sprinkler system installed in it, and has a large, roughly 300 gallon holding tank in the basement to supply it, in case the power goes out or the well pump where to die where there's a fire.

Last edited by Aaron91; 01-01-2008, 08:59 PM.
    Proud To Be Union!!

Re: Hey guys.

Dude not for nothing I keep the toy at home. 1st thing is the jail thing next its the dead thing. I would think more about Mace or a stun gun then a BB gun I would want something that will put someone down.

Comment

Aaron,

That thing will give you a false sense of security. I own a lot of real hand guns and I leave them at home 99.9% of the time.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

So you guys don't carry anything in the bad area's?
        Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Aaron, take this for what it's worth. If you have a gun, it's to kill someone for whatever reason, not to scare or hurt them. Here's 3 possible scenarios;

1. get robbed, you have no gun and you get robbed but are still around.
          2. get robbed, pull fake gun out, robber is scared and runs away.
          3. get robbed, pull fake gun out, robber pulls out his real gun and you're dead

#3 is likely as most criminals carry weapons. If someone is not prepared to kill another human being, then they do not need to carry a gun. Saying guns kill people is the same as spoons made Rosie O'Donell fat.

On to other things, how about some closeups of your work? Nice score on the VIEGA hats. hint, hint

The ball valve, not quite seeing it, what am I supposed to be looking at?
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron91 View Post
            Just a big pipe wrench and a lot of attitude.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron91 View Post
              Gone to alot of bad places in my life and thankfully nothing has ever happened. I think it's due to your demeanor and attitude more than anything else.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

When I was younger, just starting out, I worked in Boston, Roxbury, Dorchester, Lowell, Lawrence, all the "bad" places. By taking being carefull, and always keeping things locked up, I never had a problem. Here's the one bit of advice I'll give you though. If you really, really feel that you need to carry a gun on the job, find another job.
                sigpic

Comment

I go into some of the worst place of Philadelphia. The only thing i wont do is go after 10pm. I wouldnt carry a gun, i do carry a can of Pepper Spray in the van, but it doesnt leave the van.

I dont think a customer seeing a gun handle hanging out the side of my pants would feel to comfortable with that.
                  The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Just to back up what everyone is saying about the bb gun. I am all for concealed carry. But carrying a toy around to scare bad people off is a very dangerous thing to do. Wait the extra few years and get something legal and legit after you have gone through courses and have a license.

I dont really know what to say about the rough parts of town but if they are really that rough then a fake gun could probably get you into more trouble than nothing at all.

Congratz on the viega hookup

Comment

Ben- I posted the picture due to the chain and lock somebody previous to me put on there. I feel this is a good idea for many reasons. Sure, the bottom line is that if someone wants to cut it, it can be cut, but that will that some time.

I feel it's good idea due to the fact that a robber can't simply shut the sprinkler system down and start a fire, making the expensive sprinkler system use less.

Also I think it's a good idea if someone was moving boxes and accidentally hit the valve and turned it 1/2 off. The amount off damage that could have been saved if that other 1/2 of the water was on could be alot, not to mention it could save someone's life.
                      Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Well I guess I'll take it outta the truck then due to all your suggestion's and become a sitting duck.
                        Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

having that in your truck when a cop stops you and you will need a good plumber because you will be in deep do do

and like ben said you may get shot to
                          Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                          http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                          http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

We had a guy visiting one of the moms at my job with what a neighbor thought was a gun in his pocket.

We called the police. . . turned out to be a toy gun from a video game.

He was arrested anyway for unpaid parking tickets. The dummy is still being talked about a year later.
                            I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

[quote=Aaron91;113407]Ben- I posted the picture due to the chain and lock somebody previous to me put on there. I feel this is a good idea for many reasons. Sure, the bottom line is that if someone wants to cut it, it can be cut, but that will that some time. quote]

That valve used to have a bracket that slid up and down and locked the handle in place. The bracket and hole would line up so you can lock it. Glad you rethought the gun thing.
                              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                              X