X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why did you switch to flat rate?

Thanks for the input Greg, its very exciting.
    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
      Well, I finally broke down and ordered an upfront pricing system. Doing my own homemade system was becoming too much of a headache, and the old T&M system is not something I ever liked much.
      I have a feeling this is going to be the best business decision I ever made....no more haggling, just quick, upfront pricing so I can focus on doing what I love...plumbing service.
      Think about using a tablet. You can change or adjust prices right in the field.
      THE GLASS IS ALWAYS HALF FULL

Comment

Originally posted by Crappy days View Post
        Think about using a tablet. You can change or adjust prices right in the field.

Absolutely, good point. On those bigger jobs you can convert to the hourly price on the hour you use to make your flat rate. You know the bigger jobs that will take all day. For example, you go to a warehouse who has 30 drains needed to be cleaned. Obviously your not going to charge them 150 per drain, youd kill them. So that is where you can switch to hourly.

On the other hand. If you walk into a customers house. They have a main drain clog. You give them a standard cost to clear the main from outside. Then Mrs. Smith says, well while your here, can you give me a price to cable my 3rd floor shower drain, its slow. You tell the customer, sure, It will be cheaper for you to do it today since im here, instead of calling me a different day. Now you can give her a standard price on the main, and an addon price for the 3rd floor shower, which in my book is a 20% discount. How does she save. Well if she called me out the next day, the shower drain wouldve been at a standard price.

So ya obsolutely, bring a tablet, thats the fun part of flat rate. You have lots of room to work for you to win, and for your customer to win.

Good point Crappy
        The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Working...
        X