I can't think of a title for this one. Picture*Graphic-ish*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I can't think of a title for this one. Picture*Graphic-ish*

All Clear, why did you choose not to pull the toilet and flip it over after about the first five or ten minutes? Is it because you don't have things like wax rings on the truck?

Comment

KO KO KO
      Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
        That's why it took you an hour. If you used the general auger, you would have been done in 2 minutes.

Dunbar-a 5/8 sectional cable is what I was referring too. A cable that size has the same flexibility of a 5/16" IC cable. Another company made a system to snake toilets using these cables. Rick keeps thinking he came up with the idea first. I don't have the heart anymore to tell him otherwise.

Short of back to back toilets, if i knew that was safe for the toilet without taking the risk of hairline cracks, I'd do that over pulling a toilet but that would almost feel like cheating,

and how much work it would take to keep from damaging the porcelain surface in the bowl opening?

I like all clear's invention, I could see that as a wrist saver instantly.

I know what I'm getting into when I ask the customer key questions like:

Is the lav making the toilet talk
        Is the tub making noises when you run the sink
        Will running any other faucets in the home cause the toilet to back up

These questions will signify how far you are from toilet to clog. If it's a 5 by 9 bathroom you might get it with a 6' telescoping auger but that is wishful thinking most times.

It's usually in a turn of direction going downward is what I've found it to be.

I work in mostly new homes, PVC so the blame goes towards the plumbers who roughed that plastic in with a hacksaw, cut uneven and left the inner edgings inside the pipe. Cussing them as soon as I can't get it with a 6' auger.
        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by Nevada plumber View Post
          All Clear, why did you choose not to pull the toilet and flip it over after about the first five or ten minutes? Is it because you don't have things like wax rings on the truck?

Why own the responsibility of 3 to 5 connections of leakage at that point if you can avoid it, clear the obstruction?

(wax ring, tank to bowl, supply line, valve, busted closet flange discovery)

The more you touch the more you own if something goes wrong. Path of least resistance.
          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by Nevada plumber View Post
            I dont think that is a problem on my truck

I`ll bet you I have stuff in my truck you dont

I didn't want to pull it because it was full of crap as they kept using it till it stopped up completely. Would you have played in crap that was to the rim????well neither will I but I cleared the W/C at the same price as pulling it and every one was happy

Oh yea..... it was last "NIGHT" get it "NIGHT"
            Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 01-03-2008, 10:32 PM.
            http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Make it heads up. A ridgid auger vs. the General. You had to go and spend time, money and effort to make yours usable.
              And you got your`s "free"
              http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                And you got your`s "free"
                good point, I should have said more time, money and effort.
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Sorry Ridgid, but your auger is junk.

I use General augers, never had a problem, if anything the bulbs break first. On the ridgid ones, the plastic junk always breaks.
                  sigpic

Robert

Comment

Thats what happens when you dont know how to use it...I have been using Ridgid Augers for yrs. Not once did i have a problem with the head...Only prob i ever had was the coating coming off at the bottom..but alittle whip end dip, and duct tape, WALA
                    The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

By the way, great job Aaron, nice catch, you found someones poor pet
                      sigpic

Robert

Comment

Honestly Rick, no bs, do you think your 5/8 cable-in-the-toilet-trick would've worked on this one? Aaron, what'd the homeowner do when they saw this? I think we just discovered a new contest for the Ridgid get together!

The last statement was only for entertainment value and in no way reflect the opinions of Emerson Electric, it's companies, to include The Ridge Tool Company and it's staff and employees. I do not condone the mistreatment of animals for fun. This statement is a joke.

ben, a year or so back i pulled a rat from a lav/ shower, tub stoppage with my new k-39pf with 5/16'' cable. i took it home to show joey and my buddy steve. it wasn't even allowed to go in the car in a ziplock. i had to strap it under the wiper arm to bring it to his house and then kept it outside.

as far as the k-50 with a 5/8'' cable and cutter. i could have chopped up a possum. doubt that you would pull it back through a 2.25''-2.5'' toilet trap. but you defiantly would push it back or chop it up. an auger would grab it and could pose a problem as it might not let go and get you stuck. a cutter would grind it up and get you through.

i guess the rats must run from me or we don't have them here. in all the years i've done drain cleaning and camering, this was the only time i've ever seen a rat. plenty of roaches, but no furry critters

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

off topic...

Rick, when do you sleep?

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                            off topic...

Rick, when do you sleep?
                            He's afraid to or he may miss something.

Mark
                            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

off topic...

Rick, when do you sleep?
                              Josh set up an alarm for his computer anytime someone posts with keywords like "Rick, K-60, drain, stoppage, pro-press" etc.
                              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

off topic...

Rick, when do you sleep?
                                sleep, how can one sleep when it's gregs birthday and crack is less than 36 hours from the westcoast roundup.

i'm to young to sleep

rick.
                                phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                                X