X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't think of a title for this one. Picture*Graphic-ish*

So, I was working in a pretty bad part of Baltimore today when one of the other guys at the company got sick and had to leave. I thought this is just great. I continued to work and the boss happened to swing by the job. He knew the area and thankfully told me to pack up due to the fact I was alone. I was then told to do some service calls. The first one was a slow/not draining toilet.

I get there and have alot of trouble with the auger and start pulling back large amounts of hair. I ask the homeowner if he had and dogs, and he said no, and none had ever lived there. But he did mention he just had a big party on Saturday. I kept on trying to auger it with no luck, so I pulled the toilet and took it outside. It was an American Standard one piece, what a ***** that was getting it outside. I tried augering it from the horn end with no luck. I was trying to get it through and tie a rag to it and pull it back.

Well the bossman probaly thought I was on dope when I called and said it was kicking my ***, he's the type that likes the know whats happening as it's happening. He stopped by cause he was in the area. We then let the homeowner know what's going on, and he decides to go with a new toilet. My boss was curious the know what was in the toilet, and tells me to break it with a hammer. Remember I was in a nice area, not the city, and he was on septic. It's sorta hard to tell from this angle but it's a dead rat. The ***** was huge, and it's eye's where red, it was nasty. My best guess is that it died in the trap of the toilet around Tuesday-ish.

Proud To Be Union!!

Re: I can't think of a title for this one. Picture*Graphic-ish*

Right at dinner time thx Aaron

you coming to dinner on the 19th in D.C.?

no rats will be harmed making this dinner

Comment

That's freakin' nasty man.....Good thing for the trap or that thing woulda chewed the owner's +++++ off.
      I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Honestly Rick, no bs, do you think your 5/8 cable-in-the-toilet-trick would've worked on this one? Aaron, what'd the homeowner do when they saw this? I think we just discovered a new contest for the Ridgid get together!

The last statement was only for entertainment value and in no way reflect the opinions of Emerson Electric, it's companies, to include The Ridge Tool Company and it's staff and employees. I do not condone the mistreatment of animals for fun. This statement is a joke.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Whew~
          Ben, good thing you put that disclaimer there...I was about to call the politically correct police....

Comment

Crack- Yes sir I'm.

Ben- Due to the fact that the toilet was on the front lawn, he just wanted the toilet and rat gone. He was pretty laid back the whole time though.
            Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
              Honestly Rick, no bs, do you think your 5/8 cable-in-the-toilet-trick would've worked on this one? Aaron, what'd the homeowner do when they saw this? I think we just discovered a new contest for the Ridgid get together!

The last statement was only for entertainment value and in no way reflect the opinions of Emerson Electric, it's companies, to include The Ridge Tool Company and it's staff and employees. I do not condone the mistreatment of animals for fun. This statement is a joke.

5/8" ............in a toilet?

Not with my cables, you can't bend them less than a 2' radius and that's a good thing.

Anytime you send a cable through a trap you're breaking that cable down slowly, takes a great deal of torque away that you're trying to deliver to the end of the cable as well.

Rats are notorious for following vibration <> Garbage Disposals are the call of the wild. They know that prechewed food is on the way.

My boss years ago dug a raccoon out of a drain, in pieces. He was more disturbed about that than a miscarriage that was found in another. Go figure.
              Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBING; 01-03-2008, 09:21 PM.
              Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Thats about as nasty as the cat I D-headed with the K-7500

I dont know but my new "drill powered toilet auger" might have gotten the job done ????

Think I`ll go to the pet store and get me a rat, (( I have an old W/C in the back of the truck that I replaced the other day)) If I cant get it I`ll ship it to Rick and let him give it a try with his K-50
                http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

I like that drill set up. Does it work nicely?

You should look into patenting that, if it's not already done.
                  Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

I made it last night after working on a "NEW BAR OF SOAP" for over an hour that a kid flushed. I put the drill on it and I was done in a flash! I really didn`t want to cut up my auger (( I was spent from doing it by hand )) but after using it I cant understand why no one else hasn't thought of it??? It kicks butt big time over doing it by hand

my arm`s still hurt from last night
                    Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 01-03-2008, 10:37 PM.

Comment

It looks like you'd need to stand on a ladder to use that tool, is that right?
                      Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

"No" it`s a Ridgid Auger that I cut the handle off of and made a shank so the drill wouldn't slip. I also made the head a little different so it would cut and hook better.

It`s no different then doing it by hand except you use the drill and not your arm`s

Now if ridgid wants to market em I`ll take some $$$$$ kick back

Every home owner has a cordless drill Looks like A new HomeDeport tool in the makings
                        Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 01-03-2008, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                          "No" it`s a Ridgid Auger
                          That's why it took you an hour. If you used the general auger, you would have been done in 2 minutes.

Dunbar-a 5/8 sectional cable is what I was referring too. A cable that size has the same flexibility of a 5/16" IC cable. Another company made a system to snake toilets using these cables. Rick keeps thinking he came up with the idea first. I don't have the heart anymore to tell him otherwise.
                          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

bring your general auger and I`ll use my drill auger and we`ll see who get`s the RAT out first ....rotflmao

Comment

Make it heads up. A ridgid auger vs. the General. You had to go and spend time, money and effort to make yours usable.
                              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                              X