SneeSnake Monitors & Recorders?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SneeSnake Monitors & Recorders?

I am in the market to buy a Ridgid SeeSnake Plus but what is holding me back are your monitors which on reading your literature also powers the camera and makes it near impossibleto change the confiruration to accommodate a DVD recorder without wires everwhere.
    The size of your 250mm, (10") colour monitor+DVD is 420mm*280mm*420mm and is just to large and cumbersome and your Colour Video Toolbox with its 125mm (5") colour monitor is much better but I would have thought after four years you would thrown out the VCR and replaced it with a DVD recorder or had the option of either.
    I am new to the Ridgid forum and on reading through plumbers input that is what the majority of contributors want but Ridgid just ignors their pleas and makes the plumber improvise ways of recording onto DVD`s and other media which is not right.
    Ridgid should be reading its own forum which I would have thought was the whole point of its being to give plumbers access to each other ideas and for Ridgid a feed back on its products but evidently that is not what is important to Ridgid its clients we mere plumbers who without us Ridgid wouldn`t exist.
    So pull your fingers out Ridgid and stop buggerising around and make your SeeSnake monitors compact with DVD recorders or Hard Drives or whatever but most importantly take notice of your forum and your clients.

Regard
    Tony

Re: SneeSnake Monitors & Recorders?

AFM, we read all of these threads and are working hard to give you guys what you want. its not something that happens over night. R&D takes time. We are working on it though.

I care about the members of this forum and I communicate your needs to our product managers and many of our product managers read the forum regularly. Can't give you details or dates but we are working on it.

Josh

Comment

I don't feel neglected Ridgid.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
        AFM, we read all of these threads and are working hard to give you guys what you want. its not something that happens over night. R&D takes time. We are working on it though.

I care about the members of this forum and I communicate your needs to our product managers and many of our product managers read the forum regularly. Can't give you details or dates but we are working on it.

Josh
        josh speaks the truth

he does forward these concerns and i have been contacted many times by the departments head people.

i know it's not just me. others too have communicated directly with ridgid management.

all good things take time

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Ridgid cares about the professional, it is a wonderful thing. I think Ridgid does more for the professional, then some of the other brands, which are made for professionals

Rome wasn't built over night. When you go with any seesnake product, you will be 100% happy with it!
          sigpic

Robert

Comment

I appreciate that you are in the middle Josh trying to juggle the concerns of the plumber and Ridgid, but I am not going to fork out $14,000.00 on a Mini SeeSnake Plus and a 250mm colour monitor with a DVD recorder and then in six to twelve months finding out Ridgid has just brought out a more compact monitor with a DVD recorder.
            Gear Junkie, Plumber Rick and Westcoast plumber, on reading through the Ridgid forum I see that you are part of the furniture and don`t know just how lucky you are being a plumber in the U.S., but in Melbourne Australia Ridgid is all we have got and there is just no one else who sells this type of equipment, I could buy on the net an unknown brand lets say at South Coast Eqipment? a colour drain camera 66mts long a colour monitor with a DVD recorder for around $4,000.00 but what would I do if it broke down I would be stuffed.
            I went and looked on the web at toolup.com and saw I could buy a Ridgid SeeSnake Plus with a 66mt camera, colour monitor and DVD recorder for $8,430.00 and if I added the Aus GST shipping etc I would get it for around $10,000.00 with the Aus Dollrar at 88c to the U.S. dollar.
            I have been a Ridgid customer since I bought my first KM1500 sewer machine
            in 1976 and have two others, I had a K36 sink machine and K38 and last year bought a K40 which is a $1300.00 peice of rubbish and I don`t want to be court out again.
            So try to thinking outside your square (the Ridgid forum) and for others not so lucky as you are Gear Junkie, Plumber Rick and Westcoast plumber as it is not an equal playing field outside the U.S.

PS
            Plumber Rick I see you seated in your photo but I hope that is a bear in front of you and not a shake but I have never seen a head on a bear that large?

Regards

Tony

Comment

I feel for your frustration. Did you say you spent 1300 on a k-40?!!!! How is that possible? Fly me out to hand deliver you one and you still would of had a better deal. Spend some time with us about tool choices so you buy the best once. I have the k-40 and thought it was a good machine then tried the k-39af which is better and cheaper. There is a camera out there that is sold to maintained by the user. Doesn't come with a moniter because it can be plugged into anything with input/output jacks. Can't remember the name at this time.

Is there anyway possible, you're not using the equipment as it's intended causing premature failure?
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
                I appreciate that you are in the middle Josh trying to juggle the concerns of the plumber and Ridgid, but I am not going to fork out $14,000.00 on a Mini SeeSnake Plus and a 250mm colour monitor with a DVD recorder and then in six to twelve months finding out Ridgid has just brought out a more compact monitor with a DVD recorder.
                Gear Junkie, Plumber Rick and Westcoast plumber, on reading through the Ridgid forum I see that you are part of the furniture and don`t know just how lucky you are being a plumber in the U.S., but in Melbourne Australia Ridgid is all we have got and there is just no one else who sells this type of equipment, I could buy on the net an unknown brand lets say at South Coast Eqipment? a colour drain camera 66mts long a colour monitor with a DVD recorder for around $4,000.00 but what would I do if it broke down I would be stuffed.
                I went and looked on the web at toolup.com and saw I could buy a Ridgid SeeSnake Plus with a 66mt camera, colour monitor and DVD recorder for $8,430.00 and if I added the Aus GST shipping etc I would get it for around $10,000.00 with the Aus Dollrar at 88c to the U.S. dollar.
                I have been a Ridgid customer since I bought my first KM1500 sewer machine
                in 1976 and have two others, I had a K36 sink machine and K38 and last year bought a K40 which is a $1300.00 peice of rubbish and I don`t want to be court out again.
                So try to thinking outside your square (the Ridgid forum) and for others not so lucky as you are Gear Junkie, Plumber Rick and Westcoast plumber as it is not an equal playing field outside the U.S.

PS
                Plumber Rick I see you seated in your photo but I hope that is a bear in front of you and not a shake but I have never seen a head on a bear that large?

i don't know about a bear, but i don't like beer or alcohol. so you're correct it's a milk shake

Regards

Tony
                you should have read the forum and all my reviews about this before you bought.

you can't go wrong with the ridgid warranty on the plumbing line of tools. it's never an issue.

please post your wants and prices. can't help you on your taxes, but can steer you to the best price and combination.

personally i still use my color tool case with vcr. it's been discontinued here due to poor sales. i don't know why. mark has 2, ben 1 and myself 1.

rick.

you guys have the australian open in flinders park coming up soon. i love melborune.
                phoebe it is

Comment

The K40 Drain Machine what a Joke

Yes Gear Junkie the price of my K40 was $1228.00+GST of $128.80 which came to Aus$1356.80 but on rechecking my records I got it down to $1210.00.
                  I bought the K40 because I trusted Ridgid from all the other drain machines that I had bought over the last years.
                  But if you look at the 2003 Ridgid cataog on page 135 or the manaul that came with your K40 you will see a photo of the operator clearing a basin from the top through the outlet with the guide hose with the auto feed attached, now I don`t know if U.S. and Australian plumbing are the same but in Australia basins have a 40mm P or S trap connected to the basin by a plug and washer or a cap and lining and as the K40 rotates at only 270 RPM it does not have the rotation to sent the cable around the trap, the K39 rotates at 500 RPM and is not belt driven it is directly powered through a pistal drill which gives it the power to rotate around the basin trap and I have had no problems clearing basins, baths and showers with the K36 or K39.
                  The K40 can only clear through an inspection opening in a bend or tee or you have to disconnect the trap under the basin which can be a vary messy job.
                  and this is why I am so annoyed with Ridgid, when I complained I was told in so many words to piss off.
                  But I was told they don`t sell it in Australia anymore so that tells me something?.

Regards
                  Tony

Comment

Plumber Rick when I bought my K40 at the beginning of 2006 I didn`t know this forum existed I only found it a couple of weeks ago through an offer to join Team Ridgid from the U.S?, if I had known the questions would have been flying from all directions and you would have got sick of me asking.
                    Every time I wrote an email to Ridgid in the U.S. it was directed back to Ridgid Australia and they are like musrooms they like keeping you in the dark.

Regards
                    Tony

Comment

Tony,

Now that you're here stick around. There really is a great group here with lots of diverse opinions.

Mark
                      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                        Tony,

Now that you're here stick around. There really is a great group here with lots of diverse opinions.

Mark
                        I agree, despite the occasional friction, this site attracts some very knowledgeable plumbers.
                        Very often I'm scurrying through my code to double check, compare..and of course, try to win debates...lol.

Comment

Working...
                        X