A day in the life of....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A day in the life of....

biscuit makes a good point about keeping the crews busy. We all have times where we catch up and over run our scheduled jobs. I always would try and keep the crews busy so they did not suffer and I did not have to lay them off. During one of these time I noticed a crew took about twice as long to do a project as they should have so I brought in the Foreman and asked what happened. He explained it was self-preservation as he knew jobs were slowing down. As a consequence I never again sold a job cheap to keep that Foreman in work.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
      biscuit makes a good point about keeping the crews busy. We all have times where we catch up and over run our scheduled jobs. I always would try and keep the crews busy so they did not suffer and I did not have to lay them off. During one of these time I noticed a crew took about twice as long to do a project as they should have so I brought in the Foreman and asked what happened. He explained it was self-preservation as he knew jobs were slowing down. As a consequence I never again sold a job cheap to keep that Foreman in work.

Mark

WE are very fortunate to have the employee base that we have. Most all of our guys look for some downtime and cherish it. On a second note, we are all fortunate to have the owner that we do and he compensates accordingly. Our guys take a percentage of profits on jobs as well as being paid well especially for the deep south. Kind of like they take care of us and we take care of them, its a win-win situation.

REgards,

Comment

I had a guy call me yesterday and ask how much it would cost to go 20` in to his main line and he had an out-side clean-Out. I asked em why only 20` ? His reply was "I know the blockage is right there". I told him that it takes me just as long to do a 20` job as it does a 100` job and I couldn't budge on my hour price, I had to drive there and unload and reload my machine and drive to the next job so it would still be an hour`s worth of labor.

He asked what my hour price was and I told him and he then asked "is that the best you can give me?"
        I said "yep" "as I have a weeks list of works and I really don't see shorting myself with someone that doesn't want to do the job right. I told him to call someone else as I have to clean the total sewer to and from the house or I wont clean it! I then told him I didn't have time for all this and to have a nice day "CLICK"

I`m so sick of people trying to cut my rate and want to halfass something, I just wont do it!
        http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Working...
        X