X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Celebrity plumber!!!

Whats interesting is that very few plumbers here do drain cleaning, it's left to companies that specialize in it and have the right tools.

Comment

Originally posted by CPlumb View Post
      Funny Guy !! The only thing that bothers me is his AWFUL ways of dealing with blockages .
      When they just kept letting the water overflow while augering out that lady's toilet ??? What the hell ? !

Then pulling that cleanout in the old man's basement ?? PLEASE !! Pull a toilet ,,, WHAT A MESS !! I hope that homeowner's don't think we all do it these ways .

Cplumb

Yeah I didn't see the logic with filling the water over the bowl; shut the water off. I do however purposely fill that toilet to the bowl rim so I can get enough hydropressure against the clog when I auger it.

That cleanout was a front side of a house trap I believe; pulling a toilet would be fruitless as maneuvering through a house trap is pure luck at best.

That's why he opened the clog with a closet auger and not a drain cleaning machine. Either way, it was going to get ugly.

What was really wrong with the scenario was allowing the homeowner in the basement exposed to all of that, on camera. Stubborness or not; that is a potential health hazard and that 90 year old doesn't need that complication, whether it blew out his *** or not, it's still harmful.
      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

That's an example of someone who works in his business and not on it.
        there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Dug this thread up.

Bumped into Ed today at a plumbing supply.
          Told him he was a celebrity, he didn't know what I meant 'till I jogged his memory.

As soon as I said "flooded basement video" he smirked, cut me off and immediately said "That was STRICTLY intended as humor, I DID NOT flood the guys basement out for any reason other than entertainment purposes, that is NOT how I clean drains!"

A few of the guys chuckled, apparently he's been gettin' hit with some raggin' over it.

Comment

I'm surprised at that because how else can you relieve all that waste matter built up before the house trap.....to remove the obstruction.

It looked highwall to me so it was holding from the upstairs....

no way a cable would maneuver that house trap without hitting the bottom of the 2nd cleanout cap.
            Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

I agree it was entertaining to watch. I have seen the one with the stoppage.

3 things that popped out to me, 1. he didnt hold back when he was backing out pipe, 2. the use of the handheld torch for a boiler install, why not break out the "b" tank and 3. the use of Channell locks on the gas and supply piping.
              Last edited by Masterplumb; 08-19-2008, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Masterplumb View Post
                I agree it was entertaining to watch. I have seen the one with the stoppage.

3 things that popped out to me, 1. was he didnt hold back when he was backing out pipe, 2. the use of the handheld torch for a boiler install, why not break out the "b" tank and 3. the use of Channell locks on the gas piping and supply piping.
                I almost asked him to make an appearance here, but thought I'd look a lil' silly at a plumbing supply talking about an internet chat forum.

I agree with 2 of the 3.
                I'll sooner use a Map hand held than drag a B tank when I have to lug tools & stock into a boiler...but then, I work alone.

I seldom pull out my full tank (mapp), only on larger copper jobs, which isn't very often these days.

Comment

Re: Celebrity FOOL!!!

Guys an inconsiderate slob! Did You see Him allow the basement get flooded with feces.
                  The old Man was about 80. He says call Your insurance Co. and leaves!
                  Another one was the shower leak on the 2nd floor rental. Pulls down the ceiling,no drops
                  Cras idiot. Thanks for not bringing that moron here.
                  I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Slow down there ole feller...again, he staged it, it was a joke, intended for humor....get it?

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                      Slow down there ole feller...again, he staged it, it was a joke, intended for humor....get it?
                      Really?on both of these?? How about the sessions with the Lady shrink!
                      I'd like to believe You!!
                      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                        orange county chopper meets american plumber.
                        I like his old school brash personality. Out here in southern crazyfornia, people get turned off by that kind of attitude. They prefer the soft spoken, dulcet types.

Comment

Originally posted by Twicepipes View Post
                          I like his old school brash personality. Out here in southern crazyfornia, people get turned off by that kind of attitude. They prefer the soft spoken, dulcet types.
                          That will come off as a lack of confidence here.

Lived in So Cal years ago, completely different mindset.

Comment

Working...
                          X