What is it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is it?

This thread is for mystery plumbing tools. You post a photo of a tool, and maybe a short description if you know it. Winner gets to post the next
    "What Is It?" tool.

I know what this is, do you?

Name:  f4d622774b50d0e3490c1db8c0f0ceff.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  131.4 KB

But what I don't know about it is how old this particular model is.
    If you do please enlighten us all, or maybe just me that does not know.
    "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Re: What is it?

Well, it kinda looks like a seat grinder. I have one that has a brass t-handle, and a couple of brass cone adapters, but I lost all the cutters but one with a tool box a couple of years ago.

I have no idea how old that particular one is.

Comment

Originally posted by Herk View Post
      Well, it kinda looks like a seat grinder. I have one that has a brass t-handle, and a couple of brass cone adapters, but I lost all the cutters but one with a tool box a couple of years ago.

I have no idea how old that particular one is.
      Nope, that's not it.
      "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."

Comment

sort of looks like a test plug or hot tapper?

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Is this only for plumbing tools? This looks like a tool used to make bung holes(real name) in barrells. The guy would put his weight on the t handle then turn the lower handles to cut the hole.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Yup, this is a plumbing tool.
            Rick, your guess is incorrect.
            Ben, you are also off the mark.

I will see if I have another photo that might have some more detail in it which will help.

Hint: It's not entirely made of metal, there is a soft part.

Comment

An old Jet-Swet type tool?

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post

Mark

that's why i chose a test plug.

but a jet swet is similar to a test plug of sorts

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Is the tool sitting on a wooden stand or that whole thing is the tool?

Tracy

Comment

ok ill bite.... and antique jet sweat?
                    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

oops im too late AND wrong
                      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Swedging tool?
                        Puller of some type?

The handle appears to be threaded, maybe made for compression type torque.

Comment

The photo did'nt enlarge very well, so it's a bit hard to see any detail, but If I had to guess I'd say some sort of drain cleaning tool perhaps.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post

Mark
                            Got it Mark!

It's an old Jet-Swet type tool. I don't know if its a prototype or a homemade version but that is what it is. There are no markings on it of any kind. It's sized for 3/4" copper. The other photo I have is not any better as far as being able to see the construction, but its fairly simple. You could make one with a piece of 1/4" all-thread, some washers and nuts, and a piece of 5/16" tubing.

Sorry for the late response to your post Mark. I got out of here last night just a minute or two it seems before your made your post. It was getting late and the 4:30 wake-up comes early.

So Mark it is up to you for the next round.
                            Last edited by Bob D.; 01-11-2008, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Mark, since you guessed what it was you should go next. If you don't have a stumper I have another lined up and ready to go.

Comment

Working...
                              X