X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did you guy`s do to hime?

Say it isnt so, west-coast love fest....WTF you guy`s got something going on that we dont know about?

http://www.contractortalk.com/showthread.php?t=31831
    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Re: What did you guy`s do to hime?

ouch... thats pretty rough. So I guess we are a bunch of snobs in here. Oh well cant please everyone.

Josh

Comment

Won't lie, have heard it before as well.
      After having spoken with a couple of of those "clicky" west coast members on the phone...I gotta say that what you see online as not even close to a mirror of real life, at least for the ones I've come to know.
      One thing that undoubtedly tends to create barriers is code & techniques..I'm willing to look past the fact that west coast guys do so many things the wrong way ...HA!
      Humorously, I wonder how snooty I musta looked debating the whole private forum idea.
      Hadn't intended that to become interpretted as a way to alienate non pro members...oh well, c'est la vie.
      Last edited by DuckButter; 01-16-2008, 11:12 PM. Reason: reel bed speler

Comment

Josh,

It is too bad anyone would be made to feel uncomfortable here. This is the member I talked to you about last week. I know he has logged in here after the linked post so I hope he still feels he can stop by.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
          I'm willing to look past the fact that west coast guys do so many things the wrong way ...HA
          Oh My....rotflmao

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
            Oh My....rotflmao
            We just consider the source.

Mark

"Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I saw that thread a while back and just chose to ignore it. I have to admit to being surprised by it. I suppose it's interesting to see how some people react to things.

I haven't seen the kinds of clique-ishness here that I've seen, for example, on the PDL. I felt that I had to leave there because of the in-your-face politics of some of the members, though I have the greatest respect for Kathy Love and appreciated her effort in setting it up.

And I certainly have no gripes about this forum being sponsored by Ridgid, having used their tools for over forty years, and it's great having access to information.

I currently watch posts in a number of plumbing forums - Terry's, Fatplumber, Contractor's, Findplumbing, and Contractorspub. I'd do more if I could find them and I had the time. (Lots of time this week - the cold weather slowed the calls.)

Comment

What's PDL?
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

PDL is a plumber's discussion list, and part of a listserve. You have to subscribe to it, and it works slightly differently than a forum. As far as I know, the list is no longer in existence. With forums becoming more popular and accessible, I think the listserve may be breathing its last gasp. You never know - newsgroups are as busy as ever and they predate the World Wide Web.

Comment

Re: What did you guy`s do to him?

Looks like I need to start distancing myself from you guys

Am I guilty by association?

Knew I shouldn't have eaten Rick's cherry

You west coast guys are a bunch of thespian divas

Comment

Re: What did you guy`s do to him?

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                      Looks like I need to start distancing myself from you guys
                      thats what I`ve been thinking now

Comment

Threadman can kiss My Irish ***! Don't let the door hit You in the ***,Sucker
                        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

!
                          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

to each there own
                            9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

this is "apf"

he is all bent out of shape because he feels that he is owed something because he moves into a town and expects the phone to ring. just pull up some of his old post. he always got upset when i would mention the yellow pages and all the scammers advertising on it.

here is a link to the most recent post of his concerning the yellow pages.

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13926

see post #3 as an example.

rick.
                              Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 01-17-2008, 01:26 AM. Reason: link.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                              X