No good deed goes unpunished...I'm the oncall plumber

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No good deed goes unpunished...I'm the oncall plumber

No good deed goes unpunished...I'm the oncall plumber Whelp I learned and picked up some tools....and since we got a plumber quitting who was to be on call this weekend.....guess which furry little gopher gets to be the on call plumber this weekend/week... Good news is that next weekend/week I'm the on call AC guy. Hopefully pick up enough OT to afford my family....naw cant physically work that many hours

Today I felt bi-polar....doing a repipe in the morning then had to go finish up a furnace install in the after noon....sometimes I have to think ok EG what are we here for before I add a few pound of R-410 to someone's garbage disposal. Or run a snake thought their duct work.

But been a ruff week so far. 3 gas furnace change outs and 2 days of doing re-pipes....and tomorrow is Friday.

Re: No good deed goes unpunished...I'm the oncall plumber

If you're young and needing the experience, not licensed, consider your situation very valuable as you'll have no excuse to be unemployable in the future.

I have carpenters calling me up looking for work....???

Times are tough for a lot of people right now, new construction went down 27% according to US news today.

Plumbing service is a secure job; something is always breaking thanks to plastic.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Trust me, it's a good thing you can do both. Go to school for hvac. I've met lots of hvac techs who did the trade for 20 years. But they learned the wrong way in the first year and continued that for the next 19 years. I was one of these guys so I'm not imagining this.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

welp Im not soo young 44 yrs old. Midlife caree change. I did go to school for HVAC...pluming has been strictly OJT....I just love to learn new things...soo this should be fun...HVAC has been sooooo slooooooooooow latly.....

Comment

Working...
        X