Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Re-pipeing a house...how long should it take??

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re-pipeing a house...how long should it take??

yes THROUGH the wall....in one case from outside into the house...we burried the pex underground..popped up about 6 inches aBOVE ground throught the outside wall....pex was straped to out side of the outside wall....6" above grade..fully exposed to florida sunshine.

in most cases we go from inside of the house to the outside wall 90 up and put a hose bib on the outside of the outside wall...so about 4" exposed to full sunlight.

as for what will happen in a few years....Ill let u know we use Zuma brand pex..plain white...pipe that I turely belive in my furry little hart that it should NOT be exposed to UV...or direct sunlight....I've mentioned this a few times...only to get the u dont understand speach.....

Comment

OK gopher, that answers my question. I had a vision of a 1 bathrooom house with PEX rapped around the outside of the house, maybe tied up into a little bow here and there for decorations. Underground isn't so bad.

I did a search for Zuma PEX, and google didn't return anything. If you look up ViegaPEX Ultra, you would find that even with it's UV protection built in, it is still only good for six months in the sun. I think your company is going to have a lot of burst pipes at hosebibs in the future.

Comment

This outfit has a plumbing license ,I don't. AS I have stated, I plumb under My G. C. license.
        I know, My work is far superior to what they are putting out! Please keep this in mind .
        I rest My case, Tool
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Evil Gopher just got spanked!

Hey Evil Gopher, I use http://www.iespell.com/ it is really easy to use.

FWIW, I always thought of Evil Gopher using "plumer" as a tongue in cheek thing.
          Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Not at all! He has a great attitude ,and work ethic. He wants'to do the right thing.
            He and others are cast loose with no mentering [I can't spell either, furry Brother] This is not uncommen today. As a contractor His boss doesn't have in His heart to do right. Either You care or You don't. Starts with Mom and Dad! End of serman, Tool
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Gopher, are you talking about ZURN pex and not Zuma?
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

that might be it...spelling being my stong point..I was planning to clean out the truck today..check the name...but just cant seem to get motavated.

Comment

Working...
                X