Zuma PEX and sunlight??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zuma PEX and sunlight??

Got into a disscussion about pex...we use Zuma brand...and the way we run hose bibs on a re-pipe.....use a drop ear 90....pex out of the wall..90 it out and up...about 4-6" to make the hose bib connection...few other times we have ran pex up a wall..straped of course..but still exposed to sunlight.

I was told UV / sunlight was NOT bad for pex...but I swear I read some where that pex did not hold up to sunlight....so now Im confused....can pex handle direct sunlight? UV light? if not what does sunlight do to pex?

Thanks all.

Re: Zuma PEX and sunlight??

It really depends on the pex product you are using. I am not familar with Zuma pex? Some pex products, like Vangaurds Vanex Ultra Pex are UV-protected PEX. Others, like Wirsbo, are not UV protected. What do the manufactures specs say?
    You will never expand your mind, if you do not challenge your beliefs.

By the reading of this post, you acknowledge and agree that the poster shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any content contained herein.

Comment

Most Pex products should not be exposed to sunlight for more than 30 days

Comment

Bad install, pex should never get be installed where uv rays can reach them.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

For data on the effects of UV and chlorine, check out the FlowGuard Flex website.

Comment

aluma-pex is ok in sunlight
            sigpic

Comment

JC, there is a chart on www.flowguardflex.com

A drop down box will include UV exposure.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing
                And..... Are you selling this stuff???
                LOL, I was gonna ask, but heck, if he has hard facts to procure, I'm happy to see 'em.
                I will say that Flowguard is THE name for CPVC, I did a repair job with it a couple of years back and the inspector specifically asked me to use it.
                I also sampled another type and it was brittle to cut...bringing pause to wonder if that has anything to do with the reputation for brittleness that CPVC has in general and whether Flowguard has the same tendancy.

Comment

Working...
                X