Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
As people get fatter what changes do you expect to see in plumbing fixtures???? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As people get fatter what changes do you expect to see in plumbing fixtures????

As people get fatter what changes do you expect to see in plumbing fixtures????

I keep reading about how hospitals, ambulances, and other such places are having to add super reinforced beds, and other such stuff to handle the increasing number of extra large heavy weight people.

As America seems to be getting bigger in the belly do you foresee any change in plumbing fixtures...toilets..showers etc to handle the the increase in size of people?

Re: As people get fatter what changes do you expect to see in plumbing fixtures????

Larger waste pipes and toilet outlets..... When you give birth, things just gotta be a tad bit larger.....
    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Re: As people get fatter what changes do you expect to see in plumbing fixtures????

Originally posted by Evil Gopher View Post
      As people get fatter what changes do you expect to see in plumbing fixtures????

I keep reading about how hospitals, ambulances, and other such places are having to add super reinforced beds, and other such stuff to handle the increasing number of extra large heavy weight people.

As America seems to be getting bigger in the belly do you foresee any change in plumbing fixtures...toilets..showers etc to handle the the increase in size of people?
      BIDETS. I don't know how soon, but I have no doubt as people get bigger and have a harder time reaching there back sides, seat mount bidets will become more popular.

That being said only one large person I've installed one for admitted to no longer being able to reach-wipe- because of there size.

I have suspected that was the reason for quite a few others.

I've seen a bigger toilets in the box stores but havn't installed one yet.

I've also seen supports for the front of wall hung toilets so they could handle the heavier loads.

Good question.

Comment

If you're too fat, just wash yourself with a rag on a stick.......

Same goes for number 2...........

Just make sure the rag doesn't fall off the stick when it's wiping.....
        I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Originally posted by tinmack View Post
          If you're too fat, just wash yourself with a rag on a stick.......

Same goes for number 2...........

Just make sure the rag doesn't fall off the stick when it's wiping.....
          Check out some medical supply web sights. They sell curved sticks to wrap toilet paper around and wipe with.

The medical community can do a lot better than that.

Comment

At least the rag would hold up better than the TP....

If I ever get to that point they'll find me hanging from a stick.
            I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

I think toilet seats will become larger. Same as showers and tubs. I had to order some shower stalls and all the company carried in stock was 36 x 36. 32 x 32 was special order. Didn't ask why but maybe that is a reason.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                I think toilet seats will become larger. Same as showers and tubs. I had to order some shower stalls and all the company carried in stock was 36 x 36. 32 x 32 was special order. Didn't ask why but maybe that is a reason.
                that's because the minimun size (upc) area for a shower is 1024 square inches.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

I don't think people are going to keep getting fatter. There is a lot more awareness of the dangers of obesity, and if we keep going the way we're going, we'll be a third world country and won't be able to afford food.

Comment

For what this is worth I can say that I have actually seen old style outhouses that sit over a dug out pit where the bench had 3 size holes in it. One for children. One for small to average adults and one for large adults. In front of the children's hole on the floor was a little stool to help with getting up on the bench.

I expect to see oversize toilets and seats that are made for big people and heavy loads. I bet some people have to install wider-taller doors so that they can walk in.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                      that's because the minimun size (upc) area for a shower is 1024 square inches.

rick.
                      32 x 32 is 1024 so still not sure why the smaller size is special order. I think people aren't ordering them because they want more room in the shower.
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Great thread Ben, I have often wondered this. I hope for the future of mankind that Herk is right and we are at the peak of the obesity epidemic. Somethings gotta change. Our society cant survive at this pace forever. In reference to the question ya gotta believe they are going to start making bigger toilets and bigger lines going out. Im sure John Crapper would agree on the bidet comment it makes a lot of sense to me that when you get to big to wipe ya gotta have one.

Josh

Comment

They already make such a toilet,

it's called " BIG JOHN " @ bigjohn.com

it's fit the closet flange bolt pattern the as standard size toilets

JERRYMAC MASTER PLUMBER
                          JERRYMAC
                          E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
                          CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
                          FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
                          SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

I've seen these before at a builders showroom. Scary to think they are selling enough of these toilets to make a whole line. They are about twice as wide as a regular toilet
                            West Trail Mechanical Ltd
                            Service. Commitment. Expertise.

www.westtrailmechanical.ca

Comment

I think it's "Big John" toilet seats and "Great John" toilets.

Great John

Big John

Comment

Working...
                              X