Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: grohe valve rough-in

Not FIBERGLASS......PLATE GLASS.

You know,one the wrench bounces off when thrown,the other the wrench goes through.

Comment

tile wall where vavle is the rest is all glass
      how is it that so many answers are in the instructions

Comment

Gotcha... I thought that sounded funny but the shatterlines gave the unit more privacy. You could just put in the necessary blocking and let the tile guy figure out how to pad out the wall. You know the ol' "screw the next tradesman play". Just kidding of course. I just found this site and figured I'd throw my $.02 in.

Comment

Originally posted by proplumb View Post
          i want to cry i have 3 showers to do tommorow all with volume controlls or diverters. i cant win the walls are 2x4 and you cant put a block behind it because it pushes it too far forward. i used to use a kind of mini unistrut system that cronkite and frontier would sell you may have seen their ads to take "lumber out of plumber" but cant find them anymore. i only have 10" wide walls to mount them in te rest is all glass. i also have to put shower bars with wall unions and rainshower heads on all of them. why!!!!!!!!1
          You might be able to put a block flush with the front of the wall and secure the valve supplies to the back of the block? This has worked for me in the past. The hold rite/pex rite brackets are a nice luxury. I am not sure where we get them but we use their brackets and turnouts sometimes. Somebody in town must have them?

It could be worse, you could be working outside tomorrow, -38

I am glad I have inside work for the rest of the week. I am finishing up the Capital X dream home tomorrow. What a dump!

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
          LOL
          Granted Kohler & Grohe are pains in da keyster, but thats the first I ever heard a Grohe called a Junk/DIY'er.
          Elaborate, yes.
          I would pay money to watch a DIY're tackle one for the laughs alone.

I am just bitter because that’s all I seem to install lately. Why can’t everybody just buy Delta and PP?
          You will never expand your mind, if you do not challenge your beliefs.

By the reading of this post, you acknowledge and agree that the poster shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any content contained herein.

Comment

Originally posted by Hondahead View Post
            You might be able to put a block flush with the front of the wall and secure the valve supplies to the back of the block? This has worked for me in the past. The hold rite/pex rite brackets are a nice luxury. I am not sure were we get them but we use their brackets and turnouts sometimes. Somebody in town must have them?

It could be worse, you could be working outside tomorrow, -38

I am glad I have inside work for the rest of the week. I am finishing up the Capital X dream home tomorrow. What a dump!

I am just bitter because that’s all I seem to install lately. Why can’t everybody just buy Delta and PP?
            Be carefull with the block in the front.Anymore these days you are going to be keeping the home owner from using their shower for a month after the rest of the house is done while you are waiting for the extensions to come in because the valve was roughed in too deep.

How thick is your finish product.5/8" bullnose,1-1/2" quarter round,1" greenboard and mirror(lame).

Comment

your telling me, all i do is put kholer in latley and im tired of it. they cant even cast a toilet to sit level. to make things worse my wife is a delta rep if i tell her how my day was all i hear is why i should use what she reps we argue and no love for proplumb

Comment

Originally posted by proplumb View Post
                your telling me, all i do is put kholer in latley and im tired of it. they cant even cast a toilet to sit level. to make things worse my wife is a delta rep if i tell her how my day was all i hear is why i should use what she reps we argue and no love for proplumb
                1.Ink job
                2.Give rep customer contact
                3.Lotsa love for ProPlumb

I know they'll never buy it but maybe it will get you more dessert

Comment

installed all 3 systems now. what a joke, interior desighner from hell. i had to install the roughins on 2 of the showers twice becauce they decided to make the walls shorter and add more glass, the third shower is on its fourth install. desighner specs say a pressure balanced shower valve with a tub spout and a handshower with a diverter valve. homeowner supplied a soaker tub that is deck mounted, end result a 12" long custom plated tub spout and a bulkhead foe a rain shower head. i also have to put a floating oval shower curtain bar that goes around the perimeter of the tub a full 360 degrees to kerep the deck dry lets just say the back charges are a comming 3 days work for myself, one day in total for a co-worker, 3 days for two carpenders, a dayand a half for electricuians moving pot lits back and forth, reteuning parts ccustom ordered and rush shipped from wholesaler big bill

Comment

New cable tv series: "When interior decoraters attack!"

When the designer/decorator starts casually slinging the pencil and making "improvements" on exisitng dimensions, it means MORE money.
                    When explaining this and the reply is "You were paid to install it, thats final", your reply is "I was paid to install it once...to THESE specs".

Been there, done that...always a good time for all involved.

Comment

Working...
                    X