X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long would it take you too...

Curious what it would take you to rough in 2 bathrooms, including a roman tub faucet, and shower pan liner, kitchen, and tie back in an existing 3rd bathroom, all in cpvc for water and pvc for drain/vent. Average sized house (2,000ish S.F.) Working by yourself too.
    Last edited by Aaron91; 01-29-2008, 05:54 PM.
    Proud To Be Union!!

Re: How long would it take you too...

I'd say two guys in a day, CPVC takes no time.
    One guy 18-20 hours, the time increases when your alone.

There are variables unseen...
    Back to back?
    Stacked?
    Accessibility?
    Stock delivered/picking up at supply?
    Drilling/boring?

Try to go too fast and paint yourself into a corner that adds more time to redo.
    Your boss will be impressed when you do it under his estimate.
    He won't be impressed when he has to have the walls or floors ripped out after finish to redo bad drains/vents.

Comment

Back to back? No, the bathrooms make a large triangle, as they are all on opposite sides of the house.

Stacked? Do you mean stacked on top of eachother? If so, no.

Accessibility? Decent, half the basement is crawlspace

Stock delivered/picking up at supply? All stock is on my truck, for the most part.

Drilling/boring? All water 1-3/8" with garments, and 2-9/16" for 1-1/2" and 2" pvc.

I've been on the job for roughly 11 hours and figure I should be done with a total of 27 hours. Then again when you can't feel your fingers, it's hard to get much down, as it was 20* yesterday.
      Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Don't you have a heater in the house? It's not good to install plastic when it's that cold. The surface temperature of PVC should be 50 degrees f to work properly.

Comment

No I don't. I was thinking of buying a large propane heater but looked into it and read some business owners can't use them to insurance regulations.

What do you guys do in the cold? All those west coasters probably call in sick when it's 60* and colder.
          Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron91 View Post
            No I don't. I was thinking of buying a large propane heater but looked into it and read some business owners can't use them to insurance regulations.

What do you guys do in the cold? All those west coasters probably call in sick when it's 60* and colder.
            Actually we work straight through 40 degrees.It's our warm and glowing hearts that keep the place cozy.

Comment

I just calculated how long it would take the government to do this job. I'm ashamed at the results. Aaron, keep up the good work.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron91 View Post

We install copper....Would you like me to teach you and the others how to solder....Class starts at 6:00P.M..
                That's Pacific Time

Comment

Just forgot, don't forget to take pics so we can have our quarterly
                  "pick-Aaron-apart-thread." Just kidding, but please post some pics.
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I'll be posting pics...as soon as I figure out how to remove drips from the photo's.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                      I just calculated how long it would take the government to do this job. I'm ashamed at the results. Aaron, keep up the good work.
                      Well,.............................how loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong?

Later dude,

Comment

You don't even want to what your tax dollars get. Seriously.
                        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

My wife works for the State, so I know what my tax dollars don't get.

A lot of off time, a lot of "comp" time, a lot of leave the office and go shopping time(which cost me money on both ends) etc.....

Regards,

Comment

aaron,
                            if it takes you 2 weeks your boss is still making money hand over fist with you. be careful not to be to much of a yes man, its good to impress your boss but its another when your getting takin advantage of. there is a reason journeyman plumbers make what they do. trial and error is a good way to learn but you should have someone showing you the right way to do things. im not picking on you im speaking from experience i was in my own truck at 17 and tried to impress my boss, thinking i would advance in the company all that happened was i turned into his bi##h. i learned alot but i missed out on learning from a journeyman.
                            Mike
                            Clark County Plumbing And Drain
                            www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Comment

I appreciate your reply Haycad and will try to keep that in mind.
                              Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Working...
                              X