X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karma!

I have a Ridgid One stop wrench http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/One-Stop-Wrench/ that I would like to give away. I have used it a couple of times but it has mostly rode around in my hand tool drawer of my van. Maybe you could use it.

The only rule for the karma is you must have been a member before this posting.

The winner will be drawn Tuesday evening.

I'll pay shipping! Good luck!
    Last edited by Tyman; 02-02-2008, 09:11 AM.
    Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Re: Karma!

LOL...Ty..sounds like a great deal, but I think it would do the same thing in my truck.

Comment

I bought mine awhile back, and to be honest with you, can't remember if I've ever used it?!

I prefer using my Ridgid 6" Wide Mouth Adjustable Wrenches anyways.
      Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

you need to trade it in for a true 15/16'' ratcheting angle stop wrench. this allows for a quick tightening or loosening of the compression nut of an angle stop. also a 5/8'' works on the 3/8'' compression nut.

pasco specialties makes a dual ratcheting 15/16'' and 5/8'' wrench, but it's not too good for production, only a stop here and there.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

thats like this wrench i never use it and cant give it away
          Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
          http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
          http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            you need to trade it in for a true 15/16'' ratcheting angle stop wrench. this allows for a quick tightening or loosening of the compression nut of an angle stop. also a 5/8'' works on the 3/8'' compression nut.

pasco specialties makes a dual ratcheting 15/16'' and 5/8'' wrench, but it's not too good for production, only a stop here and there.

rick.
            That makes two of us.Had mine for over ten years now

Anything else is too slow for me.

Comment

Haha, I have own of those too Charlie, and again never use it.

But rather, mainly my 2 14" Ridgid Aluminum Pipe Wrenches.
              Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

I use my Ridgid stop wrench all the time. That one handed pipe wrench has never been fired in anger.

Comment

Is the stop wrench useful?
                  I generally use 2 adjustable wrenches...

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

rick.
                    I agree on the ratcheting wrenches, there the best.

I bought the Ridgid angle stop whench when they first came out, and wasn't that impressed. They re well mde and work, but I think it's faster with the ratcheting wrench and an adjustable wrench to hold the valve body.
                    the dog

Comment

Plumber I work with uses 1 cresent wrnech and a small set of channle locks..6" I belive.

Comment

I hope he's not using channel locks on the compression nuts. This tends to squish the nut and prevent it from tightening properly.

The proper tool on a compression nut is a flare nut wrench which grips evenly around the nut.
                        the dog

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Gopher View Post
                          Plumber I work with uses 1 cresent wrnech and a small set of channle locks..6" I belive.
                          Gopher, here's the lesson of the day; if something is chromed and has smooth sides, you will not use a pipe wrench or channel locks. Next time you use public bathroom, look at the flushometer, probably scarred up from the dumb plumber with channel locks. Big pet peeve of mine.

I had a guy use channel locks on all the angle stops on a project I took over because of his screw ups. So I made a nice necklace from his 12" channel locks and made him wear it around his neck all day. I bet he won't make that mistake again.
                          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I use crescents on my compression nuts and don't like the ratcheting wrenches, to me they are more of a pain then they are worth.

I like the crescent and the channels, single hand and go

generally speaking, and I do not use channel locks on stops. only crescent wrenches
                            Last edited by westcoastplumber; 02-05-2008, 10:43 PM.
                            sigpic

Robert

Comment

This is terrible. I can't even give this wrench away with free shipping. Karma is over.
                              Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Working...
                              X