X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A flip that didn't happen

Did an estimate this morning for a R.E. co.
    This house had been forclosed, within a year of it's sale.
    The owner apparently was going to flip the house.
    Just about everything will need to be redone, no vent stack...no vents at all on individual fixtures, except a 3" stubbed half way into the second floor in a closet running from the soil stack.
    I'll skip more details and let the pictures do the talking...
    Attached Files

Re: A flip that didn't happen

Looks like you have your work cut out for you. Not only is the piping wrong, but the workmanship stinks as well.

You know Duck, I've ran plumbing jobs for many years now. I'm not going to say everyone of my projects was perfect, as a matter of fact none of them were. For all the compliments I've received, there's not a single job I don't look back on and remember things that could have been done better. But these are minor issues. Yet they bother me years later.

Then you look at work like this. How can someone walk away from that job with any sense of satisfaction?
    the dog

Comment

Flip through your cable stations, notice all the "flip that house" and similar shows, they're growing in popularity.
      The pics I posted could not possibly have been a plumber, no permits were pulled...the purple primer (though required most other places) is mostly sold at Home Depot here..suppliers carry clear unless you specifically ask for purple.
      Very depressing to walk through that place, staunch reminder of how often our work is painfully over simplified.

Comment

eesh, pictures say it all

I got alot of my first jobs from people who were flipping houses for a living. It was always a fight to get them to pay for permits, and let inspectors in. Minimum code gained a whole new meaning to me.That being said, there are alot of people who don't even want to put out the money to meet minimum code, and thats when you start to see stuff like this. have fun Duck
        West Trail Mechanical Ltd
        Service. Commitment. Expertise.

www.westtrailmechanical.ca

Comment

I like it!

That's your best work yet Duck

Some people seem to try really hard to do plumbing wrong. How else can you explain that mess?

Comment

Please, buy a camera!
            Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

What on gods green earth is that 1st picture about?
              The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

O that's just a sample of Drain Medic's Drain Cleaning & Plumbing work from his portfolio.
                Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

not funny. I wouldnt even do that in my own house, let alone someone elses house. Obviously didnt get inspection.
                  The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

I really liked what appears to be a drum trap turned on its side.

Purple primer is required here, but we use ABS almost exclusively. That may change.

Also love all the water line elbows on horizontal drains. Sheesh.

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
                      What on gods green earth is that 1st picture about?
                      That, my friend, is a double tee-wye on it's side, with a drum trap connected on it's side.
                      The other side of the double is what you see in pic #2...2 vent 90's connecting a Jacuzzi...yup, a jacuzzi.
                      IF I get this job, I'll fiiiinnaaally post some work pics....that way Mark will never post one of these on my threads again:

I know the inspector in this town, he's an oldtimer - strict by the book, I like 'im.

Comment

Originally posted by Herk View Post
                        Also love all the water line elbows on horizontal drains. Sheesh.
                        I'm assuming thats what I referred to as vent 90's...we don't use PVC on water, except swimming pools, so I just call 'em vent 90's.
                        They were used all over the house in this one.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                          I like it!

That's your best work yet Duck
                          I so regret not getting down to the gathering, you alone crack me up.

Comment

Working...
                          X