Reznor UDAP 30 & 45 recall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reznor UDAP 30 & 45 recall

I don't know many guys out there install/service Reznor unit heaters, but just a heads up for those of you who do. The problem is with a factory galv. nipple on the inlet side of the gas valve. The nipple has 2 - 45 degree bends in it, and thats where the leak should be found. Reznor is offering $75 to test the nipple, and $150 if you have to change the nipple out. I'm not supposed to post the package Reznor sent me on it, but if you have installed any and your rep hasn't contacted you, PM me and I'll send you a copy.

BP
    West Trail Mechanical Ltd
    Service. Commitment. Expertise.

www.westtrailmechanical.ca

Re: Reznor UDAP 30 & 45 recall

Last one I did was about 2 years ago. I don't remember the model number. Why can't you post the link? Are they trying to keep a defective gas leak a secret?

Comment

Its not even posted on their website, My rep told me they're worried about fraudulent repair claims. The affected units were purchased between Aug 21 2007, and Jan 23 2008
      West Trail Mechanical Ltd
      Service. Commitment. Expertise.

www.westtrailmechanical.ca

Comment

Thanks BP. I just hung 2 45's and 1 60 at a local Chevy dealership in late December. I'm going to get on that first thing in the morning.

Funny thing about that is, in 03 I hung 4 Enerco 150kbtu 50' tube heaters in the body shop of this same dealership. I have replaced all 4 of those "manifolds" as well. The reason I say "manifolds" is, theres a short piece of SS flex from the outlet of the gas valve, to a special fitting that houses the orifice.

I'm currently bidding them a 750kbtu make up air unit. I'm gonna have to rethink that now.

Comment

Working...
        X