X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Waste & Overflow on a Tub Liner

Originally posted by myakka View Post
    Sorry
    Point is, Plumbing is real(sometimes too real) Go find a hobby for the weekend! My escape is with an old boat that wont sink...go find yours.
    Mike
    So why are you still greenlight.

Comment

Originally posted by myakka View Post
      Sorry
      Point is, Plumbing is real(sometimes too real) Go find a hobby for the weekend! My escape is with an old boat that wont sink...go find yours.
      Mike
      Worked, got home at 9:30, My weekend interests include water heater, gas line relocation for a dryer..then to dinner out with the in-laws.

Boston Whaler you say?

Comment

Originally posted by Hondahead View Post
        It might work if I knew where on the tub that thing goes

Comment

Common Crack,on the other side of the border they use overflow plates for drains.

You know,things are not always done your way

Comment

What you do is call those bath fitter guys who do those reworks and find out where they buy those retrofit products.

IF there is a considerable gap between the liner and the original tub drain it would be wise to squeeze a black hard rubber washer that's used for the shoe between those two surfaces like DB stated.
            Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
              What you do is call those bath fitter guys who do those reworks and find out where they buy those retrofit products.
              I know of a guy who lost his license doing their shower valves, they paid a fixed price that wasn't enough to pull permits, then turned a blind eye when the "P" word came up...state board pulled their records, then turned on the plumber...nice.
              For a bath that is simply covered over in plastic, the price isn't that much less than a straight remodel.
              Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
              IF there is a considerable gap between the liner and the original tub drain it would be wise to squeeze a black hard rubber washer that's used for the shoe between those two surfaces like DB stated.
              THAT is a good idea.

Comment

This may seem like a stupid question, but Bill did you save the old strainer, and if so do the threads match those of any shoe's you know about?
                Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Never a stupid question.... just stupid actions.....I cut it out with a sawzall before I knew what I was working with

This is why I HATE service work

The old one had a 2" long strainer thread

Not sure if there is room to squeeze a gasket between the tub and liner but good idea, I'll try that. Still need to find a long threaded strainer

Comment

Did you already try talking to the warehouses?

When you go back to the job, take some pictures please.
                    Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

http://www.terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18123

This guy seems to have the same problem as you Bill. I'm tired and can't focus, but it seems Gerber might make something for ya?!
                      Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron91 View Post
                        http://www.terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18123

This guy seems to have the same problem as you Bill. I'm tired and can't focus, but it seems Gerber might make something for ya?!

I found this entertaining

The last method of emptying your bath is to simply allow the bath to drain onto a wet floor, generally into a gulley or floor drain. This drain can be through the side or bottom of the bath. A crimped copper pipe controls the exit flow and looks very rustic.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                          the price isn't that much less than a straight remodel.

That's true but the homeowners love the "it can be done in a day" logic. I certainly don't agree with it at all.

I think the best application is the right way, not a cover up.

What's awesome is those guys always fub up sooner or later, leave a problem and I make money off their mistakes.

They are notorious for burying the drain or faucet and I make more money to straighten it all out. They buy those cheap covers on the valves and makes it look new to the customer "thinking" they've avoided the seriousness of that valve in the wall.

It just costs them more is all.

Some of those kits give a really nice look compared to the alternative of tile...but you have to watch how they're done; any movement in those units and it's guaranteed failure points.

On those rubber washers they make them in all types of sizes in thickness and how hard the rubber is. I keep a good selection of ones I've either removed in good shape or odds and ends type that I've collected over the years. It would take at least a week to find them here at the shop though.

Comment

Ok I'm such a idiot

I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner. It seems so obvious now. I used a threaded flush bushing to go inside shoe about 3 threads deep then just started my strainer in...no problem. Had to cut the liner hole a little bigger. That wasn't easy with a Rotozip . The customer wasn't happy about the Lift and Turn drain. They really wanted the Kohler trip lever K-7169. Both well know local musicians so I got a few free CDs as a tip.

Last edited by plumberscrack; 06-15-2008, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Man,your not the only one,it's so obvious to me now.

Hindsite is 20/20 eh?

But that still doesn't tell me where the acrylic guys are getting their strainers.

I got a guy over here who does tons of acrylic lick and stick.Been doing them for years.I'll rattle his chain and get some info.Like what do they do when they twist the waste shoe off,does he really replace it or get a plumber.

I know I'm going to run into this problem soon now that it has been put out on the forum to forwarn me...
                              Just wish I was warned about the tub/shower valve I twisted in two a few weeks ago

Comment

Working...
                              X