X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ridgid MicroRay IR-100 Thermometer

Does anyone know how far away the laser will shoot and read? I tried but can't find any information about distance, thanks.
    Proud To Be Union!!

Re: The Ridgid MicroRay IR-100 Thermometer

a couple feet at best Aaron. The closer the more accurate. I do a lot of hvac work and find the i\r thermometers are'nt accurate enough for my liking.
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I was hoping for in the range of 45', but I had no clue their distance was so limited, a couple of feet is a joke.
      Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

I've had guys use mine at 10 to 15 feet and be pleased with the results. Out of curiosity I just grabbed mine and did a little test on my own. Inside the house lights on, was able to shoot a furnace vent at 30 feet away. Walked up to a few feet away and shot it again. Temp fluctuated 3.5 degrees. 85.5 at close range, 82 at distance. Not a serious test of anykind but I was curious as to the results on my own.

Comment

It's accurate enough to figure out a hot or cold line 20' in the air. How much accuracy do you require?
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I use mine for checking motors for overheating. 15-40ft. Don't really care about accuracy, as long as it shows which ones are running a lot hotter than the others.
            info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Working...
            X