Kohler shower tiles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kohler shower tiles

Also, I usually will install the trim and make sure the volume, pressure, & balance are right before the wall is covered.

Yes, you need 4 hands and buckets sometimes.

Then show whoever is walling/tiling the thickness they have to work with while the trim is on.

The tile person WILL screw you.

J.C.

Comment

"The tile person WILL screw you. "

Every time!

Comment

Originally posted by myakka View Post
        "The tile person WILL screw you. "

Every time!
        Actually it ends up being the person in charge of communicating the intentions of the owner,even if it is they themselves not knowing what they are doing.

I ask the project manager(Owner,contractor,wife,Dog,ect.)
        If I see the deer in the headlights stare I have them tell the tile to guy call me.
        No info...No install...No excuse

1/4 round or Bullnose.
        If Bullnose it's more than likely going to trim out 3/8" plus drywall.
        1/4 round is 1-1/2" off studs.

The guy screwing us is usually a "yes man" type General that does not know how to control the project.

The penthouse I roughed in changed Contractors.Framer/drywaller(good steel stud framers hang their own drywall) anyway they stayed.

Next plumber tried to set finish.He was proud of himself to say the previous plumber(ME) roughed in too deep.My framer buddy laughed at him.
        They,owner and general changed the material depth on the wall.

Comment

I have my DTV II com problems. Someone can help me?
          Thank you.

Comment

all i can say is kohler did it again with no foresight into how to service these tiles.

my dentist had a general remodel 2 bathrooms and a kitchen. at some point he realized he was over his head and walked after the ruff. the general borought in another plumber to fix my punch list.

a year goes by and the idiot used a gal nipple in the finish to adjust the head depth. do you know where the flow restrictor and screen is located?

behind the tile head and under the trim and swivel adjustment. of course he had 4 tiles in the ceiling and another 4 in the wall/ body spray

do you how many teeth cleanings this cost my customer

kohler does not think about the down the road service of these things. hours to clean flow restrictors and screens. hopefully the brass nipple will prevent anymore issues, but what happens down the road when they plug up and you can't get them apart

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

I have installed these before and have not had any major problems on the install. I always make sure I know EXACTLY what is being used Tile thicknes green board or hardi backer board or a combonation of the two. But I Whole Heartedly agree with Rick about kohler not looking into the future of thier design and how it will effect after installation is complete, and thier customer service is a joke.
              I don't bite my finger nails, I KNOW when payday is, and yes, it can run uphill when it gets blocked(or you install a grinder pump) so HA!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X